chapter 2🌸

Hola fam! Here we are with another chapter......
Have fun reading.....
Munaari loves you always..
Put a smile on her face by voting,commenting and sharing her story💖 SumayyahSiddiq6 

Soundtrack: Aurora, runaway.
☆☆☆

After the henna artist was done with her job, I took a long shower and dressed in a dark blue sleeveless dress with a black veil to cover my hair after brushing it and applying oil. I snapped pictures of my beautiful henna and postee them on my instagram feed and whatsapp status. Immediately I got lots of likes and comments. I was about to pray maghreb when my sister, Adda Zee came into my room, on her face a gloomy expression.

"Addy noi (what's up?)"I greet her.

"Nothing... want to have a talk with you" she said.

Well this must be the moment I'd been waiting for since afternoon. She sat on the edge of my bed. I took my phone and whatsapp'ed Nana, telling her they're telling me now.

I three myself on a beanbag and looked at her expectantly. She looked very nervous and that was something because Adda Zee was  the most outgoing of my older sisters.

She set her eyes on the carpet and began fiddling with the hem of her veil.

"Umm...Munaar, you know life is full of tests koh? And you know Allah won't test his servant with what he can't cope with right? Munaar, I want you to listen to this and understand me. Right now, you're going to go through a very important and hard test. One which all of us have gone through before, Marriage"  here I looked up, the last word echoing in my head.

Marriage?

"Addy did I hear you well? Marriage fah you said? haba that's so absurd, just cut it all and tell me who is getting married" I cut her.

"That's what am try to do. Munaar you are getting married, you are the bride...I...I try...I tried speak...ing, I tried speaking to baffa...but no" she stammered, her eyes  were oozing tears, she broke down but it was still not getting through to my head.

"Wait Addy, you're trying to say...I am getting married!?!?like what?? Fisabilillahi how old am I? " I didn't know when I started screaming...

"How can Baffa be so cruel...daman I sensed it. The way people were looking at me was so suspicious, all this is nit making sense"

"Munaar maintain. Please I wouldn't want Baffa knowing about this conversation, munaar you are screaming. I know you're angry at the moment. I was also angry, my marriage was also an arranged one but look at the positive side of stuff, I'm happy in it"

"Haba Adda, how on earth do you expect me to see the positive sides here? There is nothing positive about this, how old am I? 16!! I am just 16 years old and they're getting me married like I don't have a life to live. You're saying your's was also an arranged marriage. How old were you? Huh? Tell me!? You were 22 freaking years old and I am just  SIXTEEN!!!"

"Munaar! I know. But I want you to do this for us, for the family's sake..."

"Who am I getting married to?" I cut her.

She stared at me with a gaping mouth.

"Do I know him?"I found myself asking.

"Nour Ngabura, Ashe's brother...."

The Ngabura's were our next door neighbors.

Nowhere on earth am I going to let that happen. Why, you ask me?

He was a total jerk. I must say he had been my childhood crush, but no! He was one of those fine, rich, arrogant dudes.

"Haba Adda nowhere on earth is that happening! I am not getting married to that jerk!......"I yelled.