chapter 4🌸

Assalam alaykum lovely readers. ....Thanks for being on wattpad to read my book....This chapter goes to@nainahaliyu. SumayyahSiddiq6 AlikoKAhmadu MaryamRee aminah_saeed hafastuhh __hauwa faizahmusa

Vote .Comment. Share. And love💖
☆☆☆☆☆

Soundtrack: Ali jita, Mama na

We entered Goggo Fadi's cozy crib with a collective Salam. It was a lovely terrace duplex and it was well furnished masha Allah.

She showed us with a warm welcoming and served us fresh glazed donuts still warm with icy chilled zobo (locally made hibiscus punch). There, we prayed maghreb and isha, then I told her Baffa's message, about the kayan lefe....we stayed for some time and I gist with my cousin, she gave me some gifts and advice, then we left.

We went back to our house. We were getting the many shopping bags out of the car trunk when I looked up and saw Muhammad Nour Ngabura Looking intently at me, I waved at him, his gaze was burning holes at the back of my head, he opened his mouth to say something but he decided against it and walked back into their compound.

I felt a queasy feeling at the pit of my stomach and I gulped hard it took some seconds for me to unfreeze and get back to normal, we went upstairs and greeted Maami.

she asked us if we ate and we said we are full but she insisted we ate something  so we had to agree.

So the girls all went to my room and I branched the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks for us. I saw half of a pizza in the fridge and I microwaved it for us, I took it back upstairs with a can of soda for each of us.

We unpacked our shopping through slices of pepperoni and extra extra cheese figaro's pizza.

We watched a movie called crazy rich Asians, then we took our baths in turns, we dressed up, gist a little and they all fall asleep.

Except me.

I tossed and turned on the bed but sleep was nowhere to be found. I got up and performed ablution then prayed two unit nafls and got back to bed, but still nothing happened. So I decided to go tell Maami since I could still hear the sound of her TV so I knee she wasn't' asleep.

I grabbed a scarf from the pile of clothes on my couch and wrapped it carelessly around my head, I walked down the hall in my yellow spongebob pajamas and blue flip flops. I walked noiselessly careful not to wake anybody up.

I knocked softly on her heavy oak door and I heard her calm voice answer 'come in'.

I turnedthe knob noiselessly and entered, she was sitting on her prayer mat with her charbi (rosary beads) on one hand and her hisnul muslim (an islamic supplication book) on the other, her room was so serene and described peace in all ways.

She looked up and we clocked eyes so she motioned for me to wait a little before she finished the current ayah she was on and I nodded for her to carry on.

I went across the room and plopped down on her cozy bed. It smelled of vanilla and musk and bakhour and strawberries,  it smelled of Maami. I buried my face into the lush floral print  duvet and inhaled her fragrance....

" daada am, d'ume fe'i (what's going on? )" Maami s motherly tone got my attention.

"Maami I couldn't sleep, so I thought I should come tell you, kuma (and) nothings bothering me....babu ko chiwon kai (not even a headache) honestly..." I said fiddling with the hem of my veil.

"Are you sure there's nothing bothering you?" She asked in her calm as usual voice, and that let the flood gates open.

I broke.

She got up and enveloped me in her famous Maami bear hug...and I sobbed into her soft lavender cotton hejab. She stroked my back, until my sobs had subsided then she told me to pour it all out and tell her my mind.

And I did.

"Maami I am so scared...I am not ready, I don't want to get married...Please talk to Baffa...Maami I am scared...what if I mess up....what if..what if I make them hate me... Maami what if I don't live up to their expectations, Maami...what if..."

"Shhh. ....stop crying.... Insha Allah you're going to be okay kinji....you are going survive it, enough with the what ifs,  your marriage life is going to be awesome.... Insha  Allah Munaar, pray...be the strong girl I know you are, I know I trained you well and I am sure you are going to be a great ambassador of the Bawuro household...be strong...and trust Allah with all your affairs, if it is khayr, no matter how you resist, it must happen if Allah wills, if it's otherwise kuma, Allah will find for it a better solution...and his solutions are the best..." she said, her words eased themselves into my heart and I noticed my sobs had stopped.

"Okay Maami Insha Allah I'll try my best, but I am very scared" I said almost shivering.

"There is no need to be scared maama na.....even if you weren't married now,  you will still get married,  and I am sure he wouldn't force you to do things you don't want to do if you're not ready...you are a woman, my cherie...whatever happens was written by Allah and I want you to accept this as qadr and pray for the best from the lord"

"Ok Maami thank you so much... Insha Allah I will face everything with a smile" I said smiling at her...her eyes clouded with adoration as she looked at me.

"Yawwa that's more like my munaar...my fighter.... I love you so much and I am so proud of you, jotta (now)....go back and sleep tomorrow is going to be stressful for you if you don't sleep"

"Maami can I sleep in your room?" I asked, honestly I've forgotten when last I slept near my maami.....she chuckled.

"Of course habibty.....do you need permission?  After all in a few days you will be sleeping in your husbands room"

"Maami...." I said covering my face which for some reason was very warm.

She laughed at me and removed her hejab, she tucked me into one side of the bed and she layed down on the other side...she put her right palm on my right check and blew some surah and duas over me....sleep enveloped us with smiles on our faces.

☆☆☆☆

Hola...peeps💖
Pretty short chapter koh?
Honestly these days am getting lazy and you know I have to read 😢 😭 😭. ....jamb is around the corner...so please this small girl is begging for your prayers... so every body should include me and every other jamb candidate in his /her prayers.

Munaari loves you always. 💖💖💖