chapter 28🖤

Assalam alaykum lovelies,
How're y'all doing?
How's life after Ramadan?
how was the last chapter?
Hope you loved it?
Let me know your answer in the comment section ❤️.

M U N A A R

I quickly let go of her numb body, and ambulated to the door, me, Adda zee and Ashe scrambled to the nurses station at the end of the hall.

"Help...Nurse....my.... pregnant sister....passed out" I managed to say, without wasting much time, the nurse pressed a red button and more medical professionals appeared out of different doors. In no time, Adda Hafsie was placed on a stretcher and was being wheeled into the Surgery Theater.

The three families all lurked in the hallways, gloomy expressions on our faces. Everyone was whispering all sorts of dua's, everything was too much for my sixteen years old brain to wrap up. I stared out through the window, staring at the nothingness seem to calm my nerves.

From nowhere, I find myself in the warm embrace of two strong arms I was familiar with.

I rest my head on his chest.

"She'll be fine" he kept repeating into my head. I whispered inshallah in my mind.

******

Minutes turned into hours, the suspense was killing us silently. None of the doctors came out ever since they went into the theater.

The men were at the masjid in the hospital, while Maami, Ammi and Goggo were seated on the iron chairs by the walls.

Muneebah went three hours ago to her house, saying she had something to do. That's her own cup of tea. They were still not talking with Ashe.

Jibrilla ya musu ele..

(A/N : I don't know how to translate that😂 but hausa people you understand ai?)

Me, my sisters, and Ashe were seated on another uncomfortable iron chair.

A little after we had prayed maghreb and we were all sitting in silence, the men were back and we were all waiting, silently praying for the best. It was agony to wait.

We heard the muffled cry of a baby, coming through the door.

We quickly rose up. Before we could stand properly, we heard another cry, a different one. Of another baby.

The door opened and two doctors came out. The exhaustion was prominent in their faces.

"Assalam alaykum, I'm Dr. Maryam, and this is my Colleague, Dr. Emeka. We were the lead surgeons in the operation, and we'll like to speak in private with the husband to the patient."

Ya Omar stood up robotically.

They went through a door, we waited anticipatedly.

A few minutes later, he came out with a big smile plastered on his face.

Tears of joy ran freely on his face.

He immediately went down on sujudu-shukour.

"What did they say Zawjul ukht?" I couldn't help but ask him.

"Hafsah is alive, my hafsah is alive" he cried out.

We all broke into series of alhamdulillah.

"And the baby?" Goggo and Maami asked simultaneously.

"Correction mother's ...babies. I'm a father to two healthy babies, a girl and a boy. Ashe Wai en biyu ne and we didn't know, they say the kids are stable, though they'll be incubated for three days before they'll get discharged. And Hafsah, she's one strong woman wallah, they say she's a fighter, they tried their best and succeeded. They say she's unconscious now, but inshallah in a few hours she'll wake up. I can't be happier wallah" he said in one breath.