Chapter: 2

LUCA twirls a finger through a thin lock of Jenny's murky brown hair, staring deeply into her gold-freckled irises.
Although he effortlessly entices her into his whirlwind of desire, he finds that it's him that's nervous. Butterflies and bees swarm viciously in his stomach, causing him to faintly tremble underneath Jenny's wholesome touch.
"Jenny, I lo—"

"Yoongi! Don't walk away from me. Hey, I'm talking to you!"

I lift my chin up from the alluring paperback only to meet the eyes of my infuriated boss, who displeasingly shakes his head, standing tall next to my desk.

The defiant and mint-haired employee, confidently storms away, seconds after entering the building. Not sparing a glimpse toward Namjoon, he pulls off his long wool jacket as he turns the corner out of mine and my boss's view, carefree.

I quickly snap close the book whilst straightening out my slouched body. At least he's on time today.

"If I find out he's late ever again, he's really gonna get it," my boss, Namjoon, mumbles with irritation.

I can't decide whether he's speaking to me or to himself since he leans onto my desk but stares off at the hallway that his disobedient employee had fled down seconds ago. So I remain silent, pursing my lips together.

"I've had it with his self-determining hours.
Let me know if he decides to be non-punctual again." He readjusts his cuff links and collar before sauntering to the door straight across from my workspace.

I nod, despite him not seeing me, and relax back into my chair.

Being a receptionist is more involving than I'd imagined. In my eyes, I'd hoped to do nothing other than sit and answer phone calls, and not talk to anyone. And so far, I haven't heard the phone ring once.

Namjoon's slender figure stops right before entering the room, sighing.
"Get him his coffee," he mutters, barely audible, but I can sense the chagrin in his voice.

And before I can ask, 'are you sure?', the door closes with a smack. So there I am, frozen, and unsure, just like yesterday.

My focus turns to the hallway.

Sure, my boss had just told me to 'give him his coffee,' a simple task. But I specifically remember him also telling me, not too long ago, to 'not bother him by any means.' And by the looks of it, the condescending employee is not in the bests of moods today. The last thing I want is to get on anyone's bad side, that includes my boss's.

So I grab the disposable cup, that still holds its warmth from when I'd bought it on the company card just a few minutes ago, and I tentatively stroll down the hallway.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Suga
Min Yoongi
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

My body comes to a halt. Eyes unable to lift from the door tag.

Do I knock?

Ignoring my self-inquiry, I knock gently and quietly, afraid that the slightest disturbance might set him off.

I wait a few seconds, but my ears fail to pick up anything.

Well, looks like he's not going to answ—

My thoughts stop, my body stops, even my breath yields for a second. I'm no longer faced with the name tag. Instead, I'm now faced with the grumpy mint-haired producer.

I thought I had gotten a good look at him yesterday, when he persistently glared me down for his coffee, but now I realize that I didn't. Or maybe his face has just changed.

I notice his healthy and porcelain looking skin, minus the immensely deep eye bags that color underneath his puffy eyes. I realize his unhealthily gaunt figure as his back slumps over slightly.

I inspect how his hair-waves sit differently from yesterday and how his glasses have glided down his small nose. And most intimidatingly, I realize how his skinny body, ever so slightly, towers over me. He's taller than I'd anticipated, and it makes me feel a little uneasy.

Stretching out my hand with the comforting cup, I constrain a small smile, hiding my anxiousness to the best of my ability.

He grabs the cup unhurriedly as he studies my face at a slow pace. His eyes are gentle as they glide over my features. The silence that dominates the situation is unbearably awkward.

I could've sworn a tiny, almost invisible, smirk, pulls at his lips. But I'm not completely sure, as usual.

Only seconds have passed and my body continues to maintain its stillness, while his-casual and content. I want to say something to him to relieve the cumbersome atmosphere, but nothing comes to mind. Social interaction isn't exactly my specialty.

And before I can even think to do so, I am once again, face to face with the name tag that glues to the door.

Rude. But what's more appalling is that I'm closer to the door than previously. Much, much, closer. So close that the tip of my nose grazes the raised letters of the name plate.

I had perceived that my body was statued like a rock, during the encounter. But it appears that I'd narrowly wandered closer to him, unintentionally, I think.

[A/N]Things will get interesting I promise! Also I did the name tag thing on my phone so it might not turn out right on whatever device you're using (it's suppose to look like a box with his name on it)

[A/N]
Things will get interesting I promise! Also I did the name tag thing on my phone so it might not turn out right on whatever device you're using (it's suppose to look like a box with his name on it). Hope you enjoyed, keep reading to find out why Yoongi looks and acts like that.

xoxo
GentleKissu