Chapter 16

7 shots later, and Yoongi seems to be enjoying his 'celebration'.

Dumbfounded, you watch the tipsy man stumble and dance around his bar stool, waving his arms like ribbons and moving his legs as if he were playing hopscotch around the circumference of his chair; all executed with his unbreakable straight face.

He occasionally spits an improv rap, vicariously putting on a second performance of the night.

Jungkook and you turn to each other with a similar look of hilarity. With his eyebrows squiggled, he appears more disgusted than you.

You're curious to know how long they've been friends, or co-artists. Somehow, you get the feeling that they're both very different personality wise. Jungkook seems so young and cheery while Yoongi is just....the opposite.

The two of you hadn't had nearly as much alcohol as your crazy dancing companion, but you're starting to feel a little kick of perception loss.

Jungkook downs a slurp of beer, then subtly points a finger at Yoongi.

"So are you guys dating or something?" he inquires blatantly, his face expressing a light blush from the strong drink.

You trace a finger along the lip of your bottle, mentally examining the question.

Technically you aren't dating. But it sure does feel like it sometimes. All the jokes and playful teasing that fulfills the time you spend in his studio everyday hint that your shared friendship is really something more. Especially since you two nearly hug each other before parting ways everyday.

There's no denying that both of you feel a connection, but alas, if that connection were authentic, wouldn't one of you have made a move by now?

"It's complicated. But no."

You check on Yoongi, who's still trying to coerce a rap song about the shape of his shot glass and how it replicates who he is as a person.

Yeah.

"He's really out of it," Jungkook says, releasing a small hack as the alcohol lightly stings his throat.

"I'd say." You return your glance to him. "How long have you two known each other?"

He whirls his bottle, ensuing a small whirlpool of the little liquid inside, saying, "A few years. We've only recently started recording together though, we're both pretty busy."

"Yeah," you chuckle, "I've noticed. It's like Yoongi doesn't know anything else but work."

Jungkook dimly nods.

It's true. You've thought about this before, but saying it out loud makes a large pit blossom in your stomach. The poor guy does absolutely nothing but work. If only there was a way for him to go on a short break. You'd do anything to allow him to have that. You fear his anxiety may get the best of him.

Your thin-lined smile fades into a concerned frown, pulling at the edges of your lips as you stare down your beer bottle. "Not even sleep can distract him."

"No," Jungkook concurs before turning to you, looking over his left arm that rests on the bar counter, "but you can."

You face the truffle-headed boy, who looks over your features as you do the same.

Your eyes travel around his dewey skin that resembles milk, and focus on his dark irises—that are better described as pools of darkness and night.

Soon, a sudden absence of noise grabs yours and Jungkook's attentions, causing you both to look in Yoongi's direction.

He's fallen asleep. On the floor. Curled into the tiniest little ball like a kitty.

"Did he pass out?" You speak first, somehow too distracted to get up and grab the man.

"I think it's more of an aggressive catnap." Jungkook eases off his bar stool, visibly dizzy from the alcohol. He carefully saunters over to the sleepyhead, slithering his arms under the frail body and pulling up so that it's cradled, like a baby, into his chest.

"Ready?" The charming boy whispers, no sign of strain in his face.

You nod and slide some money to the bartender.

.

30 minutes pass and you contemplate pulling an all-nighter after dropping off sleepy Yoongi and his brown-haired companion. It's four in the morning, what's the point. Yoongi can pull off a week without sleep. One night won't hurt.

Jin and Suji put leftovers of dinner on the counter for you, which seems to be sesame chicken and fried rice from Chinese takeout.

After an intense growl from your aggressive stomach, you decide to dig in. Quietly, you shovel the food into your mouth, assuming that your chewing might wake up your roommates.

Today was exhausting. Especially since you're used to sitting and doing pretty much nothing all day.

You're just happy that Yoongi can actually sleep tonight without stress, or anxiety, or whatever it is that keeps him up at night.

Biting into another piece of chicken, your phone starts to buzz.

Your chewing halts as you stare at the contact ID that shines in the bright screen.

Slowly, you bring the device to your ear and answer it with a, "Hello?", muffled by the chunk of food stuffed into your mouth.

"Rina."

"Yoongi? What's wrong?"

[A/N]
Sorry this took so long :/ and it's really short, but I wanted to end on a cliffhanger. Next chapter will be up SOON to make up for my absence lol.
Also the GIF wouldn't load so I'll try again later :)

MINT

GentleKissu