Chapter: 6

And he did. Hesitantly so, but the cold-faced, not-so-jerky musician, performed his masterpiece for me. The ballad was beautiful. No, breathtaking. Everything about the brassy rings had me in a dazed trance-from the staccatoed higher notes to the rhythmic chorus that had somehow reminded me of my book, Peppermint. However, that wasn't what enticed me.

It was the faint glint in his eyes, along with  the every-so-often lip twitches and head swaying. Sure, the piano melody was incredibly impressive. Nonetheless, it had seemed like nothing to me compared to the passionate affection this man had unintentionally displayed as he allowed the art to flow from his fingers.

"Pretty," I murmur, half-lulled by the intensely calming tune.

But I wasn't really referring to the song.

I just hope that he hadn't noticed my constant stare at him throughout the piece.

"It's not finished," he replies with a light sigh of disappointment, releasing the keys from under his fingertips and folding his hands in the space in front of the small piano. His head flops to the left at me.

"But it sounds so good. How could it—"

"Lyrics," he quickly answers, his coconut eyes now glaring into your own, carefully and without judgement.

I feel a soft pink brush across my cheeks as I fluster at the confusingly gentle but fierce gaze.

"I'm not good a writing lyrics," he continues on, breaking the gawk after noticing its effect, "Plus Namjoon likes everything a certain way. Whenever I write something, he always ends up changing it to meet the public's liking. It's hard to get my own content out there these days."

As his head turns slightly away from me, I become aware, again, of his hollowed cheeks and gaunt figure, making me lose focus for a split second before he whips his head back toward me, probably awaiting some sort of response.

"Namjoon seems a little harsh," I nervously giggle. I was most definitely not expecting the 'grump' to open up to me today. Perhaps the scolding from Namjoon had helped.

He still faces me but his eye contact isn't as powerful as before, and his eyes often wander around me.

"He's, specific. He prioritizes what's best for the label rather than the artist." His voice is so soft, despite his shrill personality. He almost sounds angelic. As if he were speaking a lullaby.

"So, why do you stay here then? I can't imagine how many studios would be more than pleased to work with your talent."

Wow. That was a bit much.

My lips press firmly into an awkward thin line that most likely exhibits a frown rather than a smile.

He pauses for a few seconds, his slanted eyes studying my face again, but this time with utmost curiosity. Several blinks interrupt his study session and he steps to his feet, releasing a deep exhale like a grandpa would.

"Oh gosh please don't tell me it's the—"

"Money?" He smirks, quickly lifting a brow.

I click my tongue before standing up as well, my legs have seemingly become jelly from the trancing song that had almost put me to sleep. My knees wobble hastily and in attempt to regain my balance, a foot steps on another, and my body feels the sudden urge to fall forward. Right into the chest and arms of the mysterious nice-jerk himself.

I may have been thinking over dramatically, but I'd expected him to gently push me away, creating as much space between the two of us as possible.

However, that clearly wasn't the case.

Instead, my body is pressed relatively tightly against his skinny one, almost making it difficult to breathe my own air. His arms have automatically wrapped around my shoulders and high back, steadying me from falling any further. Even though, at this point, I am visibly balanced. My head is tilted upward as his is tilted comfortably downward.

The both of us, sharing that familiar, and now mutual, aggressive stare into each other's eyes.

"It's not just the money," he mutters under his breath.

[A/N]I know it's SUPER cliché and maybe cringey, but I like cliché sometimes ;) I'm def gonna have to edit this though

[A/N]
I know it's SUPER cliché and maybe cringey, but I like cliché sometimes ;) I'm def gonna have to edit this though. Gn :)
Again, couldn't find a good gif, but I'll keep looking.
Don't forget he also wears glasses, I just forget to mention it k bye

xoxo
GentleKissu