Chapter: 12

See me where?

Predictably, he didn't give me the address of the restaurant.

It seems as though he intended for this to happen, so I—being the receptionist who had to memorize the numbers of all the producers in the building—have to call him, so he can have my own personal number.

"Yoongi?"

"Rina."

"Where exactly is this date taking place?"

"Oh, my bad. Forgot to mention that."

No he didn't.

"It's on Bangtan ave. The one with a billboard next to it."

I know that one. Right now though, I wish I didn't. Getting lost would make a great excuse for not showing up. But then again, I did agree to this.

"Okay. Thanks."

"And Rina."

"Yeah?"

"Wear something nice. Please," he adds.

"I can't wear what I wore to work?"

There's a few seconds of quiet.

"No."

Ouch.

"See you at eight."

Right.

Suddenly, I wasn't too keen on going. This boy has gotten a whole lot nicer to me, but he sure can be a miserable grump sometimes.

I'm doing this for him. He should be the one being nice to me.

Although, I may be able to understand his tentativeness to fulfill this venture. They are his parents after all. Lying to them won't be easy. And I wouldn't be surprised if they get a little too excited when they see their outcast son finally with a girl rather than a new audio interface or studio headphones.

This is a big deal. I hadn't really thought about it when I agreed.

It's not like I can bail either. He's counting on me. Disappointing him would lead me straight back to sitting at reception all day, along with coffee cups being hastily ripped from my hands every morning.

I'm going.

Damn these heels that force me to trip every three seconds. And this dress that keeps tickling my lower thighs. And this makeup.

I feel ridiculous.

Min Yoongi, you owe me one.

Staggering and teetering to the entrance, I'm able to spot through the glass doors, a head of mint hair. He's at a square table for four, his parents seated next to each other on one side, as he sits on the other, accompanied by an empty chair.

Great. They're waiting for me.

Even though this is all basically fake. It still bothers me that my pretend boyfriend and his parents are waiting for me on date night.

I step onto the velvet carpeting that spreads across the restaurant's perimeter, the clacking noise of my heels coming to a complete end.

The place reeks of sirloined beef and marinated shrimp. I didn't plan on eating much tonight, but now I'm hungry. This dress that supposedly, compliments my figure, according to Suji, is soon no longer going to do that.

I approach the table, baring the pain in my feet for a couple of steps in attempt to look considerably more presentable. When I notice an increase in perspiration around the back of my neck and armpits, I start to realize how nervous I am, and how much I hope I remembered to put on plenty of perfume.

His parents detect me first since I'm in their line of view, meanwhile Yoongi's chair is faced the opposite direction.

I perceive that he's wearing a suit, as a fancy black jacket is hung over the back of his seat, and his outstretched arm—that cradles the back of the empty one beside him—is clad in an all white dress shirt material.

A smirk is weakly held back on his mother's face as she scans over me. She lightly nudges her husband, who only stares at you with blank, small eyes—similarly to his son's.

I'm not sure if I've overdone it, or if they just really like me. Either seems justifiably plausible.

Yoongi must've seen their attention draw away from him as his mint head whips around to me just as I arrive to the table.

He nearly jumps to his feet at the sight of me, the legs of his chair scruffing the carpet violently in retort.

That's when...

He kisses me.

[A/N]To be continued

[A/N]
To be continued.........
Look forward to part 2.

This is unedited so there may be typos and some areas that don't sound that good.

Mint.

xoxo
GentleKissu