Chapter: 3

THE ROSES tickle the very tip of Jenny's button nose. She whiffs in the flowery fragrance, closing her eyelids at the delicate but fulfilling scent.
"Do you like them?" Her favorite voice asks, wrapping his arms tenderly around her waist.
Before she can open her eyes, her lips are met with another familiar pair.
She pulls away, lovingly, after a few seconds of bliss.
"I love them."

"Jin, get your grimey hand off mine!"

You whip your head to the door. Watching, with humor from the couch, as the married couple strut inside with their playful fussing.

"They're not grimey! I've washed them seven times today! Not including bathroom breaks."

"You're disgusting."

"Disgustingly handsome."

Your eyes dawdle back to Peppermint, more than content with the background noise.

"Rina! How's work? Feels like we haven't talked in a week."

Setting down the book, you spin yourself on the couch so that you're facing your coupled roommates.

"That's because we haven't, Suji," you smirk to your entrepreneur cousin, who is actually more of a close friend. So close, in fact, that she trusts you enough to stay in her home for a week with her insanely handsome husband.

Jin is beautiful. It's more than obvious. But never have you imagined hooking up with him, or even just flirting. Suji doesn't deserve that from you, and you're not that desperate. It's no use anyway, the couple's practically inseparable. Except for when Suji goes away for a week for a business trip. Besides that, they're entangled.

"Work is fine. Some people are a little, introverted. But it's easy."

Suji and Jin unload their grocery bags into the stainless steel fridge and wooden cabinets. Your chin rests on the back of the couch, watching them joke and banter inaudibly.

"You're referring to Suga?" She rhetorically asks, swatting away Jin's hand that intended to clear a strand of hair from her face.

"Seriously Jin, wash your hands," she teasingly orders to the tall man that barely hovers over her before going to the sink.

"What's his problem anyway?" You inquire at the business woman, who remains the reason you have this mediocre job, gratefully so. Suji pops a baby carrot in her mouth while beginning to chop sweet peppers.

"I've heard rumors, but rumors are rumors for a reason," she notes.

A corner of your mouth flinches up. All this week he's ignored me, strolling by my desk not even thanking me for the coffee. Do I tell Namjoon that he's been late almost every single day?

"If I were you," Jin starts, already sarcastic, "I would just show him what he's missing." He chomps down on a carrot as he plunges himself right beside you on the couch, suggestively propping up his eyebrows as a joke, before stealing the paper back from your lap and beginning to read it. His light blue scrubs wrinkling as he comfortably crosses his legs.

"What?" You ask perplexed, "I'm not in love with him. He's just, oddly quiet." Your head continues to face toward Suji but your eyes questionably focus on the handsome nurse that seems to be enthralled with Peppermint. A feeling you know too well.

"He knows that," Suji chimes in, giving Jin an evil side-eye despite him facing the other direction with his eyes glued to pages of your book. Her vision returns to the knife that dices vegetables. "Just be mindful of him Rina. It's evident that life hasn't been kind to him in certain aspects."

You nod, slumping yourself into the couch similarly to Jin, no longer facing Suji.

She's right.

You need to be respectful to him regardless of how displeasing his mannerisms are.

You need to keep greeting him with a 'good morning' and a bright smile even though he has never returned the favor.

And you absolutely need to continue to go out of your way, on your route to the one story building, to buy him a medium black coffee, zero sugar.

Or maybe, you shouldn't.

[A/N]A little backstory, sorta, for you

[A/N]
A little backstory, sorta, for you. It's more about her private life. I really wanted there to be some comedic relief in between the awkward scenarios in this book so of course Jin had to be involved.

xoxo 💋💤
     GentleKissu