Chapter 14:

"Well this is a first," you remark, receiving a warm, white cup from Yoongi's hand. "Thanks."

He settles in the cushioned chair across the round table, taking a slurp of his second coffee of the day.

He was right. The night wasn't over, and the two of you ended up taking a trip to the café you know too well. You go to it everyday, yet never order anything for yourself.

The café is empty except for you and him, which isn't a surprise since not many people feel the urge to drink coffee late at night, aside from this mint-headed music producer.

Releasing an exhale of contentment, he leans back into his seat. He forms a quick snark of disgust as he watches you indulge in your overly sweetened glory, which makes you pull away from the cup with a smile on your face.

Then he just looks at you. Not much emotion can be detected from his countenance. He's just, looking. Maybe he's pondering thoughts.

Yoongi purses his lips to form a semi-smile. It looks extremely forced and unnatural, but it's clear that the normally vexed-looking man, wants to appear more friendly than usual.

"Maybe we can make a habit out of this."

You half choke on your sugary drink, trying to comprehend that statement. You swallow vigorously, ridding your throat of the coffee that irritates it.

Did he really just ask you out on a bunch of little coffee dates? You might actually die from how cute that would be.

"Maybe..." you exaggeratedly contemplate aloud.

"Why maybe?" A smirk grazes his lips, though his brows bend with a bit of genuine concern.

"I like to sleep. And this..." You loosely dangle your drink from the lid, shaking it side to side like a metronome. "This is going to prevent that."

He nods in recognition, taking a sip of his. "Fair enough," he jokes back.

"Speaking of which," you mutter with more seriousness, finally feeling comfortable enough to ask. "What is it that keeps you up at night?"

His shoulders naturally slouch forward while resting his elbows on the uneven table, a finger rubbing a drip of bitter coffee on the lid, making a squeaking sound.

A serious expression overcomes his face as well.

"It started when I released my first album a few years back."

That's a lot of sleepless nights.

"After it gained a lot of attention, I wanted to do even better. So I let my mind takeover and do whatever it wants when it comes to music making. Part of the reason why I don't sleep is because I'll get this beat stuck in my head. Sometimes I'll spend the whole night trying to decide whether or not it's good enough."

He chuckles, "I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the studio at two in the morning to allow my ideas to overflow everything else."

Though you sense an underlying sadness in his tone and melancholy eyes, you smile. "Sounds exhausting."

He reciprocates, looking up from his coffee cup, his thin lips becoming even thinner.

You know he's not giving you the full story. Not even close. You aren't denying that his passion can be tiring. But he loves making music, that you know for sure.