2. Spencer

TIME TO TALK

Lounging around was my favorite thing to do, but texting Elena was even better. It was about time I got a message because I had been waiting all day doing nothing while questions ran through my head. Her text sounded hesitant by saying,

"Hey, wanna meet up with me later at the coffee shop in town? We can grab a drink and hang out, if you want to obviously."

I didn't know if I should answer quickly, making it seem as if I was watching my phone waiting, or if I should wait a few minutes. I answered back as soon as my nerves would let me because I obviously wanted to hang out and didn't want to answer too late making her think that I didn't want too, so I said,

"Sure, sounds amazing, what time?"

As I waited for her answer I thought about how many questions I actually had, there had to be over 50 but as I started naming them she replied,

"6 works for me if it works for you."

"Perfect."

Was all I answered back with because that means I had to rush to get my siblings to bed, or at least in there rooms, calmed down either playing or watching tv, so that I could get myself ready. I tried on at least ten outfits, leaving each on for a few minutes and staring at it until I didn't like it anymore. By the time I was done changing a million times, getting each sibling into a decent mood and pajamas while also getting them to agree to stay in there rooms, hoping I didn't look too excited so I didn't scare her away, and then making sure I had the time to walk there since I still haven't gotten my car back.

When I got to the coffee shop I stopped outside the doors to think for a minute, wondering if I was prepared to actually talk to this human girl that I couldn't seem to get out of my mind, thinking about what the Vampire Council had warned me about, but eventually I decided, who cares what they say, I don't get to choose who the mark shows up on so they can't force me away from her, so I opened the doors and walked it.

As I walked in I noticed I was definitely under dressed compared to Elena, she was wearing a tight black dress that showed I hadn't fully seen what her body form was, it was a low plunging, almost silk looking, beautiful just above knee length dress. I didn't want to stare but I couldn't help myself, god couldn't have picked a more perfect match for me. I slowly continued walking so I had more time to stare, as I started to looked away I smirked and hoped she wouldn't notice. Once she was basically standing beside me we walked to the counter to order until she asked,

"So, who's paying?"

The question stunned me for a minute and apparently my face showed it because she giggled and said,

"It's fine, this one's on me, obviously you didn't think about who was paying but I did, so I brought money."

And continued laughing, but I couldn't let her think that so I said,

"No I didn't, but I brought my bank card so now that I think about it, I'll pay, ladies shouldn't have to pay on the first date."

As I said it I realized she never mentioned if it was an actual date or not, and flirting was probably not the best idea if it wasn't.

"Oh, so you think this is a date? That's good, because it will kind of be like one, not counting the part where we end up going home together of course."

She replied. I hoped that it would be because if this was the girl I was stuck with for the rest of my life, I had to make sure I properly knew her. Instead of digging myself a bigger hole I ordered what I wanted, which was just a large coffee with three milk and three sugar and I decided to add on a blueberry muffin, which wasn't the best idea because Elena looked at me like a mental kid. Then Elena ordered a strawberry milkshake with a chocolate chip muffin as I got a look that must have been her trying to show that blueberry was not a smart decision. The bill came out to be $7.95, as I got my card out to pay I seen Elena look around the coffee shop almost as if she was looking for someone.