6. Elena

GOODBYE'S

The rest of the week consisted of packing, cleaning, and putting everything in the vehicles for the trip to Seattle. I still wasn't sure if I even wanted to move but our dream house was open and it's not like we could keep living here, even the landlord said so. My parents and Josh all thought it was a miracle finally happening, they all jumped on the idea of packing up and leaving. Dad had found a nice job in an office and decided to drop his hockey hobby for awhile while my mom was going to become a model after being told to do it for years previous.

I was going to start attending a school called Seattle High and Josh was going to be going to Seattle Public since he was only twelve. I had googled photos of Seattle High and it was a much bigger school than the one I was going to, which I was not looking forward to, it looked pretty though with vines coming down and around in it a type of spiral formation. I wasn't happy with the fact that I would have to make new friends also, I hoped I'd fit in, but I probably wouldn't because I never do. I knew I would have fun but I'd miss the small town, Faye, that stupid bitch Mackenzie and everything else with it, and last but not least, are small, homey looking house.

As we were walking out of the house for the last time I felt my eyes tear up a bit, I looked back to see the house once more before getting into one of the two vehicles, it was definitely a nice looking house, but the new one was going to look way better, or so I hoped. Just as I turned away to go get into the vehicle with my mom I heard her yell,

"Come on honey, your dad is already on the road."

"Coming mom."

Was all I said back as I headed towards the car for the six hour ride to the mansion just outside of Seattle.

On the way there I watched through the window as houses upon houses zoomed past us in brief seconds, I looked at every single one and compared it to the one we just moved out of, wondering if I would find one better looking than our last. When we were about halfway to the new house my mom looked over at me and asked,

"Are you going to miss Spencer?"

I blushed then said,

"I don't know, he's 'The One', I could be perfectly fine, or life could get hard. I guess I'll find out."

"I'm sorry sweetie, I know, I didn't ask for the landlord to basically kick us out, but your dad was excited for our dream house when he found out it was available, and I'm not going to lie, when he gets excited about something it's very cute."

She said, laughing a little bit, I gave her a gross face then replied with,

"Ew mom, I get that you guys still get those happy moments, but I don't want to know about them."

We laughed together for a few minutes then she kept the conversation open by saying,

"You'll find someone at Seattle High to spend your time with until you see him again, I promise."

"Ya, hopefully."

But before she got a chance to answer she looked at me then out of the corner of my eyes I seen a vehicle headed straight our way and then all of a sudden everything went pitch black.

After what felt like forever, my eyes finally opened to what was a very bright white room, it took me a minute to realize what had happened but when I did I started to scream out in pain, asking for my parents, and yelling many other things that I couldn't seem to understand myself say. Just as I was catching my breath I felt a cold sensation spread through my body, soothing the pain from my head to my toes.

"What happened?"

I heard myself slur in one big word,

"You were in a car accident, you're in the hospital, the other woman you came in with is fine, she just has whiplash. You on the other hand got a broken leg, broken wrist, and a slight concussion."