8. Elena

STRANGER DANGER

That night I dreamt that I was in a beautiful meadow full of dandelions, the awful weed that people loved to rub on your face just to make you mad. It was the kind of place you never get to see in reality but live the moment through characters of a movie. While I was busy looking at the meadow and soaking it all in so that the next day I could draw it I hadn't realized the goddess looking woman wearing a white shift standing behind me with a smile plastered on her face, I didn't know what was more beautiful, the woman or the meadow. Right when I thought this moment couldn't get better the goddess lady spoke and had said,

"Hello Elena, I have been waiting so long to finally meet you, I hope you like the view I stole the idea from the Cloud Kingdom. I have so much to say now that I can finally stick around, do you have any questions? Wait.. that was stupid, of course you do right? I shouldn't have even asked."

She laughed, I was completely speechless while she continued laughing like everything was normal, who was this lady? What does she mean "stick around"? Does that mean that this is real? Am I even asleep right now? What's a "cloud kingdom"?

"ELENA! You realize I can hear everything you're thinking right now. I am the Pixie Queen of the Cloud Kingdom, when I said 'stick around' I meant that we can talk whenever inside your head, yes this is real but it is inside a dream so that means that you are still sleeping, and last but not least Cloud Kingdom is where I live, it's a place for the special Pixies that get a Guide."

I slowly processed everything she said, this lady was speaking inside my head, she heard all my questions when I didn't say them out loud, and oh my god, she's a queen, that's scary.

"So I'm a special Pixie, what does that mean? And what exactly is the Cloud Kingdom?"

I ask hesitantly still hoping that my imagination was making this all up.

"Every generation 10 Pixies are chosen to get a guide that helps them through the change, they are hand picked by the smartest Pixie in Cloud Kingdom that has the special talent of being a genius. That also means that on your birthday you will have the choice between your life path, Black or White, with an added gift of wings that can only be used when you wish to visit Cloud Kingdom. That's where every single Pixie that was ever chosen has been sent to live their afterlife in until they choose to leave and become nothing more than just a memory. I get to choose one Pixie to take under my wing in guidance between the 10 that were chosen."

This was a lot to take in, as she spoke telling me about a place called the "Cloud Kingdom" and telling me that I, Elena Trix, would get to choose between Black and White life. I was overwhelmed with happiness thinking about having a special place to go, wings, and a choice in my overall life. I could not be more thankful than I am right now as her words made their way into my mind repeating so that I wouldn't forget. I felt warmth run down my cheeks as I realize I'm crying. After letting it all sink in for a few more minutes I answered the nameless lady,

"So, do you have a name? Or can I just call you 'Lady'? And can you please explain what exactly you meant by sticking around because I am very confused."

"I will be inside your head at all times whether you know or not, and I will always hear if you call to me no matter what. I will sometimes choose to speak to you about random things and for important talk I will wait until you are asleep and pull you in so I can speak face to face, I also think you might want to know that you will eventually get the hang of talking to me through your mind, but I don't suggest trying on purpose until after your birthday because it can turn out bad. After the change I will explain about your wings in fuller detail but as of right now all I can tell you is that depending on who you are and what life path you choose, then your wings will follow a certain color suit uniquely made just for you, and my name is Susan."