Wake up

You've deep in a coma
But I'm still right here
When you thought there was no one
I was still right here
You were scared but I told you
Open up your eyes

__________________________________

Beep beep beep

There was a beeping sound were I was, and I kept asking myself where it was coming from.

Whether it was so close to me or not. I was unconscious, that I could tell. But I didn't know where I was.

What I could assume was a door creaked open, and I felt myself smiling from the inside.

From what I could gather when I woke up,-at least that's what I thought, that I was sleeping, as I usually go into a deep slumber for a couple of what? Minutes, hours, I don't know.

Whoever opened the door sat down at a chair or whatever they were sitting at. The reason I smiled was because, that person who always came here, always said he is my boyfriend.

I can only hope he's that boyfriend. Because people come and go as they please in here, and I'm getting sick of it.

I keep asking myself every time, how I even managed to get a boyfriend. For all I knew I was a loner. Always by myself or with my friends. But always by myself.

"Hey cookie, you know what I did today?" my supposed to be my boyfriend started. I figured he always came here to talk to me.

All he gets is silence. But he always keep going, hoping maybe someday he'll get a reply.

People usually talk, maybe not knowing that I hear almost everything. Except when I'm on that depressing slumber.

"I went to look at that apartment we were talking about, I made the last payment today. So congratulations baby, we finally have our own place now. Leona has grown up so much since you.... " he paused taking in a deep breath.

"Since you had an accident. She's growing up so much, baby. She's nine months old now, I wish...." he paused again. Why is he getting emotional?

"I wish you were here, well you are here. But I wish you were not on this hospital bed. I miss you sooo much. And I love you okay, don't ever forget that."

He kept quiet for a little, and after a while, the chair scratched the surface, signaling that he was leaving.

No no no no, don't leave please.

I begged to no one in particular. Because at the moment, no one can hear me.

Please, come back.

"Oh my God, she moved her fingers." I heard him say, and I wondered who he was talking abo--

"Nurse?"

I could hear someone rushing in through the door.

Bright light flashed in my eyes and I cursed so many profanities as they did that.

I hated it when they do that.

"She's getting better each passing day." someone I assumed was the nurse said. I have to get better and be back to my life.

"But I don't believe she moved her fingers." the nurse finished.

"She did, I swear she did." he argued. I don't know whether I moved my fingers or not, because my whole body was numb as fuck.

"I will prove it, I swear she did." this guy wasn't giving up. If he was the same guy who's name start with a J and end with an N, then giving up is not even in his vocabulary.

I felt someone grab my hand, warmth hit my skin even when my body was numb. How, I don't know.

He held my hand a little tight, not rough, but smooth. Almost as if he was holding a glass afraid it'll break.

"Cookie, I know you hear me right now, I want you to do me a favour, okay?" he always do that, talking to me like that. Ask a question even when he knows he won't get an answer.

"Jackan, just let her b--"

"No, just stay a few minutes, I swear it'll be worth it."

He took a deep breath again.

"Okay cookie, just listen. Please, If you hear me right now, just squeeze my hand, alright. I know you can do it."

This is it, go big or go home, right?

I searched through my body, through every vein in my system. Though I was numb, I had to try at least.

I tried to focus on the hand that was holding my hand, the soft, warm thingy that was brushing my hand.

It was so soft that I felt myself wanting to hold tight to it. I loved soft blankets. And now I was tempted to hold on to the soft thingy that surrounded my hand.

I held on tight enough, not even missing the gasp that escaped who I could assume was a nurse.

"Oh my word, let me call Dr Watson. This is good. I'm sorry for doubting you Jackan."

Someone rushed out the door I could only hear footsteps fading away.

A few seconds passed until I heard a deep voice start asking some questions.

He did his usual checks on me. He kept mumbling about how this is a miracle, and I wondered how bad the accident was.

A warm breath tickled my cheek, and I realise my boyfriend kissed me.

"I'm proud of you, My angel."

•••••••••••••••

Here we go. Another story yet again.

You can play
(Wake up by The Vamps)

Anyway. Thanks again for reading this story.