8.) 4th of july

The next day you woke up and got ready for the day. You were meeting up with the losers club in town for the 4th of July celebration. You grabbed your backpack, an apple, and then headed out the door. You found Richie playing a band members instrument and knew your friends would be close by. You saw them all looking at a missing kid poster in an alleyway.
You stood next to Stanley and smiled at him. He returned the smile with light pink cheeks.
Everyone is looking at an Eddie Corcoran missing kid poster.
"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stanley said.
"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben said.
Bill lifted up the missing poster just to find Betty Ripsoms missing poster underneath.
"I-it's like she's been f-forgotten because Corcorans missing." Bill said.
"Is it ever gonna end?" Stanley asked.
"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie says coming over with 2 ice cream cones. Meanwhile, Richie just got the instrument taking away form him so he comes and joins the conversation too.
"What they always talk about." Richie said taking an ice cream cone.
"I actually think it will end. For a little while at least." Ben said.
"What do you mean?" Bev asks.
"So I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all the big events. The ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley gang in '35, and the black spot in '62. And now kids being...I realized this stuff seems to happen-"Ben said.
"Every 27 years." Ben and Bill say at the same time.
You all go sit on some benches in the park instead of standing in an alleyway.
"Ok so let me get this straight, it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year? And then what? It just goes into hibernation?" Eddie Asks.
Maybe it's like..what do you call it? Cicadas. You know the bugs that come out once every 17 years." Stanley said next to you on the bench.
"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike said.
"But it cant be one thing. We all saw something different."Stanley said.
"Maybe, or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see." Mike said.
"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection."Eddie said.
"But you didn't. Because it isn't real. None of this is. Not eddies leper, o-or Bill seeing Georgie, o-o-or the woman I keep seeing." Stanley said his voice getting shakier.
You intertwined you hand with his to clam him down.
"She hot?" Richie asked.
"No, Richie. She's not hot. Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense. They're all like bad dreams." Stanley said.
"I don't think so, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life ok?" Mike said.
"What'd you see? You saw something too?" Eddie asked Mike.
"Yes. Do you guys know that burned down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued,my mom and dad were trapped in the room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door, trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When the firemen finally found them, the skin on their hands had melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something." Mike said.
"Got that right." Richie said.
"Why Rich? What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked.
"Clowns." Richie said quietly.
"What about you Y/n?" Beverly asked.
"I guess I'm afraid of losing the people I love. Death in general I guess." You say shivering slightly at the thought of your grandma.
Stanley lightly squeezed your hand to help you feel better.
I forgot we have been holding hands this whole time.