13.) Bar Mitzvah

You wear a pretty (color) dress and meet up with Richie at the front of the temple.
"Hi, how are you doing?" You ask.
"Fine, I guess." He says.
You take a seat next to him and wait for it to begin.
"I hear they are gonna slice his dick off." Richie said.
"What?" You ask.
"I said I hear they are gonna-" Richie started.
"I heard you the first time but that is crazy." You say.
"You never know." Richie said.
When Stanley finishes his Torah reading, his dad hands him the mic.
"Um reflecting on what I just read I like what it says about indifference. Well, when you're a kid you think the universe revolves around you. That you'll always be protected and cared for. That you'll have the same friends as you were 12. Then one day, something bad happens and you realize that's not true. You wake up suddenly not caring about lives outside your home. Nothing going on outside your front door. You separate yourself form anything that might matter to you." Stanley said.
"Stanley." His dad said.
"Neighbors, family, your friends. When you're alone as a kid, the monsters see you as weaker. You don't even know they're getting closer until it's too late. So they attack you before you learn the truth about what's happening. If any of you opened your eyes, if you really cared, you would see what we're going through. I guess indifference is a part of growing up. Becoming an adult isn't about being able to vote, or being able to drink, or drive." Stanley said.
Stans dad walks towards him to grab the mic but he pulls away. He continues to talk as he walks away with the mic with him.
"Becoming an adult, according to the holy scripture of Derry, is learning not to give a shit." Stanley said throwing down the mic then storming out of the temple.
Richie stands up and claps but you pull him down.
"Now is not the time pal." You say as everyone gives him dirty looks.
When everyone starts moving you and Richie go to find Stanley. You go look with Richie near some trees and someone hug you from behind.
" I can't believe I just did that." Stanley said.
You blush a little knowing it was Stanley who hugged you.
"That was awesome!" Richie said.
"Good job." You said.
You all walk around the temple for a while avoiding Mr. Uris. Eventually Richie left leaving you and Stan.
"My Dad is gonna kill me when I get home." Stanley said.
"Yeah, but it was worth it." You say.
"Can I stay at your house?" Stanley asked.
"Yeah, my parents aren't home though. They are off on a business trip." You say.
"Maybe i should tell my dad. Ill be in more trouble if I don't." Stanley says.
"Good luck." You say.
You and Stanley walk into the temple and walk towards his dads office. You watch form afar as Stanley's dad comes out and see Stanley. He drags Stanley by the arm into the office and you wait.
I wonder what's going on in there. I hope he is ok.
A few minutes go by and they both walk out. Stanley walking out smiling and his dad walking out furious.
"What happened?" You ask him.
"I didn't listen to him at all. I feel good about myself and that's all that matters. I can sleepover too." Stanley said.
"Cool." You say.
"Thanks for being there for me." Stanley says.
"Let's go." You say grabbing his hand and walking to his house. He grabbed a bag of stuff and then you walked to your house.