Chapter 2: Worried

"Shaniqua, that's a beautiful name," Dick said.

"Uh, thanks. Do you mind going away? I'm waiting for someone," Shaniqua asked nervously.

Dick sighed, "Shaniqua, I'm from Bludhaven Police Department. Your family is really worried about you." She flinched as soon as Dick mentioned the department.

"I can't go back. They're better off without me. All I do is bring them down," she whispered.

"Shaniqua, I know you are going through a rough time, and for that I'm so sorry, but your family loves you and they arent brought down by you. Right now though they are worried about you and they want you home," Dick said gently. Finally, Shaniqua nodded and stood up, following Dick out of the building and to the cop car across the street. Dick walked around and opened the door for her, noticing her shaking hands and fidgeting.

A loud bang resonated through the street and Dick instantly hit the ground. Dick opened the passenger door from the ground and fished his gun out of the glovebox. "Shaniqua," he started as he turned towards the girl beside him only to choke up. The girl lay covered in blood, leaning against the car, eyes wide open. "Shaniqua," Dick started again and put his fingers to her neck.

Nothing.

She was gone.

Another bang resonated through the street.