Chapter 10: Problematic

Two Weeks Later

"He is still missing," Dick said as he paced the Batcave, clad as Nightwing.

"Master Dick, you may have to consider-" Alfred started.

"He isnt dead," Dick snapped. After a short pause he sighed, "Sorry Alfred."

"Quite alright Master Dick but we must discuss what this will amount to. At this point we should report Master Bruce missing at least to give us a paper trail and opportunity for a cover up later. Additionally that means some...responsibilities...will fall onto you," Alfred said, gesturing towards the bed where Damian was still laying.

Damian had ended up not waking up for a few days and then couldn't do much with several fractures. Dick had sent Wally home to watch over Bludhaven while he remained to care for Gotham and look for Bruce.

1 Week Later

"Billionaire Bruce Wayne is missing..." the woman on the tv stated, Dick tuned her out. He paced the living room in the manor. Police had asked them what happened and they made up a story. Bruce went out for a walk, didnt come back, and the next morning Damian called Dick and Dick called the police. That's the story.

The doorbell rang and Dick quickly dashed over and opened it. Gordon smiled grimly at Dick and stepped inside, "Morning Dick, wished I was here on better circumstances. We haven't made any headway on finding Bruce but we have another problem. Tim and Damian are under Bruce's guardianship. Damian lives here and Tim is at boarding school..."

Dick almost laughed at the story about Tim's whereabouts. The kid was actually a few hours away fighting crime with a team of kid heroes.

"Since Bruce is missing, and it has been a few days...we need to do something with them," Gordon said with a sigh, "They cannot be under Bruce's guardianship and will be placed temporarily in a foster system."

Dick's eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

"Until Bruce returns...if he returns...they will have to be placed with a foster family, possibly a permanent family. I just thought I'd tell you before...yknow, CPS arrives," Gordon said and set a hand on Dick's shoulder.

"What happened to contacting family?" Dick asked surprised.

"Bruce has no other living biological family. Tim has no living family. Damian's mother is unknown. There is nowhere they can go," Gordon explained.

Dick looked shocked, "Um, what about me? I'm their brother!"

"Adoptive brother so you would not have been originally contacted but yes I supposed you could claim guardianship of them," Gordon said with a nod.

Dick sighed and relief before putting on a look of determination, "Just tell me what I have to do."