Chapter 10

FORTH POV

    It was now Christmas and, even though it took me forever, I finally have a gift for Beam. It wasn’t much, but it was definitely something.

    We were both awaken by my parents coming up the stairs banging pots and pans like they did every Christmas morning. It was no different because Beam was here.

    “Good morning everyone.” My dad said happily. Mom was standing beside him with her arms around his waist. “I believe that it is time for everyone to open their presents.” He said. Mom clapped and began handing them out.

    “This one is for Forth.” She said picking it up and checking the tag. “Oh, here is one for Beam.” She said passing it to him. He looked taken aback but accepted it with a smile. I smiled wide at him as he opened it.

    “What do you think?” Chula asked smiling at him. “It’s from Cha and I. It took forever to pick out but we hope you really like it.” She said. Beam pulled out a small box out of the bag and took the lid off. Inside the box was a grey and blue striped tie. He smiled wide as he took it out of the box.

“We didn’t really know what to get you. Do you like it?” Cha asked. Beam laughed and nodded.

“I love it.” He said smiling wide at both of them. They both smiled at each other and high-fived. They looked like they had just accomplished an important mission.

The rest of the morning went by so quickly. grandma and grandpa called. They had left the day before to grandma’s sister's house. They always went up there on Christmas. The rest of my family began showing and I could tell Beam was starting to get anxious.

We were both upstairs getting dressed when I heard Beam groan loudly. I rushed to his room to check if he was okay. He was standing in front of the mirror trying to tie his tie. When I walked in he turned to me helplessly. I laughed and walked over to help him.

“What if they don’t like me?” He asked. I laughed and shook my head.

“What is there not to like?” I asked. He shrugged. I sighed and rested my hands on his shoulders, rubbing lightly. “Beam, you are amazing and kind and everything about you is likable.” I said. He smiled and looked down.

“Thank you.” He whispered. I smiled wide.

“Don’t thank me.” I said repeating the words he had once said to me. He looked up and smiled at me.

“Let’s go downstairs. Everyone is waiting.” I nodded and led the way downstairs.

We spent the next few hours introducing him to everyone before eating dinner. The dinner was a lot to take in, even for me. They kept bombarding Beam with questions about himself and things like that. I could tell he was getting a little uncomfortable so I tried my hardest to divert the conversation away from him.

After dinner, everyone was either in the kitchen or living room but Beam was nowhere to be found. I checked both rooms, even outside before going upstairs. I checked the guest room he was staying in, but no sign of him. I walked past my bedroom door and spotted him standing on the balcony.

“What are you doing in the cold?” I asked walking up next to him. He looked up at me and smiled wide.

“Sorry. I just needed some fresh air.” He admitted. I smiled and shook my head.

“It’s okay. Don’t feel pressured to spend time with them.” I said. Beam smiled and nodded. “I have something for you.” I said pulling out an envelope from my jacket pocket.

“What is it?” He asked as I held it out to him.

“It’s your present from me. I didn’t know what to get you, so I just wrote you a letter.” I said as he took it. He smiled up and me before opening it.

I watched as he read through it. Smiling and chuckling softly. I saw his eyes start to water and tear fall. I immediately wiped it away with my thumb.

“Thank you.” He said looking up at me, smiling. “Forth, when we first met I was so not looking for a relationship, and I’m still not in the greatest place for one, but I know that I really like you and I want to be with you.” He laughed and wiped his eyes. “I look ugly.” He said. I smiled and shook my head as I brought my hand up to caress his cheek.

“You’re so handsome and beautiful and so many other things.” I said. Beam smiled and when I looked into his eyes I knew that I was going to fall in love with him with all of my soul and never be able to come back from it.

“Forth.” Beam said quietly as he held me by the waist with his free hand.

“Beam.” I said before I was stopped by his lips on mine.

Beam had never really initiated anything before, but now he was kissing me. By himself. I wrapped my arm around his waist and held him close to me as we kissed. It was an amazing kiss too. Not one that was sexual but sensual. It felt right. It felt like our lips fit so perfectly. Like they were made for each others. When we pulled away Beam laid his forehead against mine, smiling.

We spent a few more minutes outside hugging until we made our way back inside with my crazy family.

After everyone left we all headed to bed. Beam was staying in my room tonight because the heater in his room wasn’t working properly. We had both taken showers and we were now in bed. I was sitting up on my phone and Beam was laying down, sleeping, with his arm wrapped around my waist. My phone started ringing loudly. I quickly answered so that I wouldn’t wake Beam.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Forth, it Red from AACE.” My eyes widened. I had completely forgotten.

“Right. What’s the late night call for?” I questioned. Red laughed on the other end.

“I called to inform you that you got accepted to do the study program abroad.”

________________

Why? Why is this my storyline?
I hoped you enjoyed.
Until next time
Ha Det, lovely's
✋✋