Don't Doubt / Deaky

"Your hair is so soft." You heard John murmur. You were lying down on your couch with your head on his lap. John's fingers combed gently through your hair. He must have thought you were asleep because he kept on whispering things.

You decided to pretend to be asleep. You wanted to hear what John had to say. To be honest you wanted to hear his voice most of all. After a while of the same thing, John shifted. He moved so that he could be propped against the arm of the couch and still hold you. This position was much more comfortable for you.

Even through all that, he still kept running his hands through your hair. He never stopped whispering either. He would tell you about his day even though he thought you weren't listening. He would talk about new songs that he was writing. He told you about Roger's new girlfriend and how he didn't really like her. Then he talked about how every band member had somebody. Freddie had Jim. Brian had Chrissie. Roger had somebody even though it was always changing.

"I have nobody. I'm alone. I've never related to Somebody To Love more." He went on. A pang went through you. If only he knew that he had you. You loved him dearly. He didn't know that you had been in love with him since before Queen. You and John had been best friends since grade school. You did almost everything together. You had let your guard down around him and then you fell in love.

You could still remember the moment you realized you loved him. John had surprised you with Beatles tickets. You were both 14 and somehow he had managed to scrape up money for it. At the concert, Paul McCartney began to sing one of their hits, She Loves You.

When John started to dance, you could only stare. He was care free. Right then you realized you loved him. You loved that crazy fool and you couldn't stop it. It scared the hell out of you but it was exciting.

-I'm sorry but Under Pressure just came on and I was once again amazed by Deaky's bass line-

You began to feel even worse as John kept going on about how he wanted to be loved. If only he knew... you thought to yourself. You felt your heart drop when he said, "I'm in love, though. There's no possible way that she could love me back. You know, you're probably wondering who she is." Pain ripped through you as he confessed his love to somebody else, but then he continued even more quietly, "It's you, Y/N. I love you. I'm such a coward. I can't tell you while you're awake because I can't lose you. I'd much rather have you in my life, not knowing I love you then having you out of it knowing."

You could only feel happiness and a sense of disbelief. How could this be happening? He loved you? "Oh, how I wish you loved me too. You don't understand how much it hurts... You're in my arms yet you're not mine... I love you." Everything grew silent. He didn't say another word. You were thinking of pretending to wake up but suddenly his arms tightened around you. He held you close to him, never wanting to let go.

He knew that this was the only time where he could hold you without being a blushing mess. He buried his face in the crook of your neck. His breath tickled you but you didn't dare move. You snuggled closer to him, loving the feeling of his arms around you.

John began to whimper quietly when you got closer to him. He thought of himself as such a coward. He couldn't tell you he loved you and he could hardly be around you when you were awake. It was only in the time of your unconsciousness that he could tell you how he felt. It was truly wrecking him. He wanted nothing more than to be with you. He lifted his head away from your neck. Your scent was intoxicating him.

You flinched when you felt something wet hit your face. You finally decided to open your eyes. When you opened them, you were heart broken to see Deaky crying. You reached your hand to his face and gently wiped away his tears. John moved away from your hand.

"What's wrong?" You whispered to him. John shook his head and tried to stand up. You slid off of him and sat on the couch cushion next to his. You grabbed his hand and held it in yours. "Why were you crying?" Deaky took a few moments to try and compose himself. You watched him take a deep breath before finally making eye contact with you.

He gulped and then said, "I'm just a bit sad. I'll be alright. There's no need to worry about me." You reached over with the hand that wasn't holding his and rubbed his arm. "Please tell me." You almost begged. You had a feeling you knew what it was but you needed him to tell you. You watched his eyes and could see a battle going on in his brain.

He was debating on whether or not to tell you. It was obvious that keeping it to himself was really hurting him. He couldn't keep it hidden much longer. He was just terrified of putting your friendship in jeopardy. John wanted to be with you forever. He loved you so much it hurt. Finally, he decided to tell you.

"IloveyousomuchandIcantlivewithoutyou." He spoke very fast. He tried to get it over with as fast as he could but you couldn't understand a word. You guessed it was something about his feelings. You put your hand on his blushing cheek and looked into his eyes. He involuntarily leaned his head into your hand and immediately became in tranced by your
E/C eyes. "Say that again." You tried to soothe.

John nodded and started over, pronouncing each syllable slowly, "I love you. A lot. I can't be without you. I just... I-I was crying because I can't stand being so close to you but you're not mine. Please don't leave me. You don't have to feel the same. If you don't, it's alright. I won't bring it up again." The doubt he felt was radiating off of him and it made your heart ache.

"Oh, John." You mumbled softly before gently pressing your lips to his. John was stunned. For a good 10 seconds, he was still as a statue. Finally, he realized that what he had been dreaming of for years was happening and he kissed you back. He put as much love into it as he could. You smiled against his lips and pulled back.

"I love you, John. Don't doubt for a second that I love you."

John could've proposed right then but instead pulled your lips back to his.

A/N- That was interesting... I'm not sure how I feel about it but I hope you liked it. MarvelFan839 Feel free to request anything.