Attention / Freddie

1st prompt for Freddie

"I'm not gonna stop poking you until you give me some attention."

You had no time to mess around. There was so much to get done. Of course, you didn't have to finish it all right then but you definitely didn't want to do it the next day.

You were working on an essay for one of your college classes. It was due in a week but you knew that if you got it done soon, rather than later, that you would have tons of time off. Freddie didn't care at all. He wanted you to himself all day.

He sat down on the floor next to your chair and stayed silent for a while. Just being in your presence calmed him. After a long time, Freddie began to hum. It was soothing at first but it soon became distracting. You tried to tune him out but it didn't work.

"Can you try and be a little quieter, please?"

Freddie looked up, startled. "Sorry."

"It's ok." You looked back down at your paper and continued to write. You were on a roll when you noticed the humming again. This time it was much easier to focus. But then he started to sing too. You kept it at the back of your mind until he was belting out lyrics at the top of his lungs.

"Freddie! I'm trying to write something."

"Fine. Be like that. I haven't done anything." He muttered but you heard it.

You rolled your eyes and got back to work. You were done writing. You just needed to proof read. After minutes of silence you felt a poking on your side. You knew it was Freddie so you tried to ignore him. It got annoying fast. You turned to him quickly and said, "What do you want?"

"Your love." Freddie mumbled.

You turned back to your desk and tried to finish reading over the essay. You hissed through your teeth when the poking began again. "Freddie, stop."

"I'm not gonna stop poking you until you give me some attention."

You groaned. "That's what you don't get. If I finish this then you'll get all of my attention for a few days."

Freddie looked at his feet. "Oh." He said quietly. Then he looked up at you with a smirk. "Oh." He said again. You slapped his arm. "Get your head out of the gutter." He laughed and leaned his head against your leg.

You both sat there for a long time until Freddie looked up at you with complete adoration.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Freddie."

A/N- That was incredibly short. Sorry. I'll have the next chapter out soon.