Your Modern Song / Queen

A/N- I know it may be hard to believe but not all music that comes out today sucks. Some of it is pretty good.

In this preference, it doesn't matter what era you imagine them in. This is basically just modern songs that go with your relationship. We'll just pretend that these song were out for whatever time period you're imagining them in. Some of these aren't exactly romantic. Depression and anxiety are mentioned but nothing too heavy.

The lyrics that are with the preference are the ones that speak best for your relationship. Also, by modern I mean like anything that came out somewhere in the 2000s.

Freddie- We Are Young by Fun.
You were young. Life was a party. Nothing mattered at that point. You wanted to have fun and that's what drew Freddie to you in the first place. No matter what you were going through, you could always count on having a good time as long as you were with Freddie. You knew that you could live life to its fullest with him. It didn't matter what was happening in the world. What mattered was having the time of your life with Freddie because you were young.

Lyrics to We Are Young

Tonight, we are young
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter than the sun

So if by the time the bar closes
And you feel like falling down
I'll carry you home tonight

Brian- The Scientist by Coldplay
Things started out beautifully. Everything was perfect and as it should've been. You were a curious, young adult and Brian was there to answer anything you asked. You got extremely close and you felt you could tell him anything. As the relationship progressed, things got harder. Stuff got in the way. Arguments seemed inevitable. Nobody told you it'd be so hard. You fought for each other. No matter what, you couldn't lose the other. But sometimes, you just wanted to go back to the start.

Lyrics to The Scientist

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

Roger- What Do You Want From Me by Adam Lambert
Things were always heated between you both. Sometimes, it seemed like it could never get better. There were times where Roger was sure that he could give you up. It wasn't because of you. In his eyes, you were perfect. It was him. But now, he couldn't even fathom leaving because you were the only thing keeping him alive. Even though all of that was going on, Roger was trying to fix everything. He wouldn't let you give up on each other. In the end, it was well worth it.

Lyrics to What Do You Want From Me

Yeah, it's plain to see
That baby you're beautiful
And there's nothing wrong with you
It's me, I'm a freak
But thanks for loving me
'Cause you're doing it perfectly 
There might have been a time when I would let you step away
I wouldn't even try but I think you could save my life

Just don't give up
I'm working it out
Please don't give in
I won't let you down
It messed me up, need a second to breathe
Just keep coming around

John- Lovely by Billie Eilish, Khalid
Everybody knew that you both went through some things. John was an anxious person and anyone could tell. You struggled with depression. You both needed each other to cope. You were his comfort zone. He was your happiness. It was like you were stuck in your own mind. You and John both felt trapped. But you knew one day that you'd break from your mind. Even if it took 100 years. You'd do it together. You'd do everything together.

Lyrics to Lovely

But I know some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home

A/N- I grew up with the first 3 songs. Those were like my childhood jams.