Tap / John

A/N- I've never written the same band member in a row but this is to make up for last chapter so enjoy! Kinda short though.

This is also in first person because it was just easier for me to write it like that.

                          ⚠️WARNING ⚠️
      Extreme emotions but in a good way

I knew that John loved me. I wouldn't have agreed to marry him if he didn't. I still couldn't help the bit of doubt that always seemed to be at the back of my mind.

I was very verbally affectionate. I told John I loved him all the time. It wasn't a passing phrase though. I honestly meant it because I  really loved him with my whole heart. I just always felt the constant need to express my love for him.

But John was the complete opposite. He pretty much never said those 3 words. I didn't really notice it much until after we were married. I'd say something like, "Goodnight, Deaky. I love you." I'd wait for a reply but I just got a blush and a small smile most of the time.

Insecurity built up and I began to wonder if John even really loved me at all. He wrote me songs like You and I and You're My Best Friend but for some reason he had the hardest time saying I love you.

At some point in our relationship, I brought up some thing I used to do as a kid. While holding hands, 3 squeezes means 'I love you'.

Suddenly, John was telling me, I love you, all the time. Out of nowhere, he'd squeeze my hand 3 times. We could be talking about taxes and he'd squeeze my hand. He'd do it without even talking about it but I knew what it meant.

At first, it started out as just the 3 hand squeezes but then it changed. He'd tap my hands, my shoulders, my head, my knees, or whatever body part was closest to him, 3 times.

Tap tap tap

It became constant. Whenever he was nervous, happy, or even angry, he'd tap me.
It was all the time. More often than I ever verbally said it.

It became our thing. I could tap 3 times and he knew what I meant and vice versa. We never really talked about it but I had brought it up that he did it in his sleep. Sometimes, I'd still be awake with John fast asleep and he'd reach for me and tap me.

Those 3 words that I seemed to have never gotten out loud were replaced by something different but had so much more meaning. I never doubted John's love for me after that.

Tap tap tap

A/N- cheesy I know but I got the idea from Pinterest and I had to write it