Seven

You open your eyes, waking to a searing headache. You groan, you didn't pack any Tylenol so you drag yourself out of bed to pester Jane for some. You could tell it was early in the morning but what are best friends for if you can't wake each other up this early?

You open the door to see green armour. Loki was leaning against your doorway, his eyes closed.

"Loki?" You ask, squinting at the searing lights of the hallway.

Loki opened his eyes, yawning, "Hello there."

"What are you doing?" You ask, rubbing your eyes.

"Protecting you, what are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm going to get Tylenol from Jane," you reply sleepily.

"Jane isn't awake yet, what is a Tylenol?" Loki asks quietly.

"Well I'm dying so I'm going to wake her up," you say, brushing past him.

"Are you okay?!" He asks, suddenly panicked.

"Yeah? I mean, I've got a bad headache but I'm fine?" You say, confused with the question.

"You said you were dying," Loki trails off.

"It's an earth expression, I'm not really dying, I just really don't feel good," You explain, heading down the hall, looking for Thor's room. You realized you had no clue where it was.

"Fuck," you mutter to yourself, looking around. "Where's Thor's room?"

"I wouldn't go there, I know for a fact Thor sleeps naked," Loki says with a disgusted face.

"Well that's just great, how the fuck am I going to fix this migraine?" You ask aloud.

"I can help, follow me," Loki says.

You ended up in the kitchen. The staff were all asleep, not awake at this ungodly hour.

"Mother had a special recipe, a herbal tea for any aches," Loki explains, gathering ingredients.

"Your mother sounds like a very wise woman," you queried.

"She was," Loki said quietly.

A few minutes passed and Loki pushed a steaming cup towards you. You sniffed the liquid and scrunched your nose.

"It smells and tastes horrible but it works," Loki chuckled, sitting down next to you.

"Why'd you stay?" You ask him, slowly sipping the tea.

"You don't remember?" Looking replies.

"Remember what?" You ask after a swig.

"When you were intoxicated, you were holding on to me as I took you back to your room. When I tucked you in you asked me to stay and then you were out," Loki says quietly, avoiding eye contact.

You blush. "Oh god I'm so sorry!"

Loki shook his head. "I didn't mind," he says.

You sat there, finishing your drink. You rested your head on Loki's shoulder, this time clearly knowing what you were doing.

-

"(y/n)?"

"(y/n)."

You open your eyes, it was a lot brighter out but your headache was gone. You look up, bleary-eyed to see Loki looking down at you.

"You fell asleep, it's breakfast time," Loki says, offering a hand to help you up.

"Sorry," you yawn.

"Don't apologize," Loki says, softly.

You plopped down at the table, Jane and Thor we're already there.

"Good morning!" Thor shouts merrily.

You bid Jane and Thor a good morning in return.

"What's for breakfast?" You ask, having missed your first few breakfasts at the castle.

"A lot of meat, eggs and bread," Jane explained at servants brought out tray after tray of food.

You look at all the food wearily, carefully choosing a scrambled egg and toast.

Loki once again orders that the leftovers be taken to the hungry people of Asgard.

"So what are we doing today?" You ask, picking at your eggs.

"Wedding preparations," Jane says over a mouthful of bacon. "We'll be picking decorations and doing a test run of the wedding."

You took a deep breath, best friend was getting married in less than a month, soon you'd be going back to earth and you wouldn't get to see Jane very often.

You put on a smile and tried to remain positive, Jane needed your support. She was loosing some things too.

-

"Let me guess, gold?" You ask, jokingly.

"Yes, gold flowers, it's Asgardian tradition," Jane says. "We'll pick some samples from the garden later."

"So what are you guys doing for food?" You ask after checking flowers off the list.

Thor laughs. "Mead."

"Asgardian tradition?" You ask, marking the box next to drinks.

"No he just loves mead," Loki mutters into your ear.

"Music?" You ask.

"Loki," Thor says simply.

"Oh, I didn't know you were a musician," You querie.

"Piano, Violin, flute," Loki lists on his fingers.

"That's so cool! I can only pay a recorder," you mutter, wishing your elementary days were more educational than 'hot cross buns.'

"I can teach you if you'd like," Loki offers.

You smile, "I'd love to take advantage of that offer."