Chapter 43

#COMM

Chapter 43

"What's with your face?" Addie asked with her laptop propped on her legs. I shut the door behind me as I furiously slumped on the couch beside her. "And where's JJ?"

I breathed deeper. I closed my eyes as I tried to calm myself down. Ayoko sanang umuwi without JJ, but Jasper's secretary told me that it would be better for me to come home. Si Jasper daw kasi, kung ano ang sinabi niya, ginagawa niya raw talaga. And she's sure that if Jasper told me to go home, hindi iyon lalabas ng opisina hanggang nandun ako.

The nerve of that guy! I was the one who brought JJ to this world, tapos ako pa ang napagsarhan ng pinto?!

"Hey, where's your little monster?"

"With Jasper."

She arched her brow. "But why are you here?"

I crossed my arms. "I don't want to talk about it," I said, but Addie being Addie closed her laptop, and focused on me. She arched her brow again, obviously waiting for me to tell her the story.

Sighing, I gave in. Kinwento ko iyong nangyari kanina. It was just a short story! Ano naman kasi ang sasabihin ko? I could sum it up with a few words—Jasper kicked me out!

"Why did you leave, then? You should've stayed."

"And what? Make a scene?" I shot back. "Besides, inisip ko na lang na it's Jasper's time with JJ... Iyon na lang ang inisip ko kahit gustung-gusto kong sipain iyong pinto niya kanina."

Addie was shaking her head.

"Is there something funny?" I asked when I saw Addie trying to hold her laughter.

"You two. Para kayong bata," she said.

I rolled my eyes. "Tell that to Jasper. He's the one who's acting like a kid!" I shouted, but she just laughed at me.

The remaining of the day, I tried to focus on other things. I didn't want to dwell too hard on Jasper being such an asshole. As much as possible, I didn't want to have a problem with him... I was still trying to make amends with the past... ayokong dagdagan ulit. I just wished that he wouldn't make it so hard on me.

When I heard a knock on the door, my eyes automatically flew in that direction. I looked at Addie, and asked, "Are you expecting someone?" tanong ko agad sa kanya. She shook her head, and resumed to whatever she was doing.

I was wearing cotton shorts and tank top. Tinignan ko iyong reflection ko sa salamin. When I was satisfied with what I saw, mabilis kong binuksan iyong pinto.

"Mommy!" JJ immediately shouted upon seeing me. Mabilis siyang yumakap sa mga binti ko. But my eyes wouldn't leave Jasper who was standing before me. Agad kong itinaas iyong kilay ko. This asshole! Kapal ng mukha pagsaraduhan ako ng pinto! Akala mo hindi patay na patay sa akin before!

"What's that?" I asked when he was holding a few paper bags.

"Some clothes."

"JJ has clothes."

"Just accept them."

I didn't answer. I continued glaring at him. I was practically restraining myself from wringing his neck. Ugh! Bumabalik na namna iyong annoyance ko with the stunt that he pulled earlier! He was so rude to do that to me! To think na ako na nga iyong nagmagandang loob na dalhin sa kanya si JJ!

"I don't like what you did earlier," I told him honestly. If we're gonna make this whole co-parenting thing, he needed to get his act right. Just because I love him didn't mean that I'd tolerate his bullshits.