Chapter 49

#COMM

Chapter 49

I talked to my parents. They said that they already organized a dinner where all the family would be present. Kinakabahan ako. We got a huge family. I have only a few cousins, but lots of second cousins. And some of them already have kids! I was so nervous!

"What should we bring?" Jasper asked. He wanted to go out to buy gifts for my parents. I told him that it wasn't necessary, but he's adamant on buying a present.

Ayoko kasing lumabas... I still didn't feel comfortable about going out. Back in Paris, I was still hesitant to go out. I felt like even though I was literally in the other side of the world, still, Justin could find a way to get to me...

It's scary.

And tiring.

I didn't want to live this way. I didn't want to continue living while watching over my shoulders. I didn't want to be scared all my life.

But I couldn't tell Jasper about this. I didn't want to talk about Justin... but a part of me was telling me that how would I ever get over Justin when I'd just keep on running from him? I knew that one day, I'd have to confront him. I'd have to finish whatever business I had left with him.

"My Dad likes Scotch Whisky," I mentioned. "My mom likes paintings. But seriously, don't sweat this too much. It's not like they'll be surprised with JJ naman..."

"I wanna make a good impression."

"Why? They know you."

"Exactly. They hired me to take care of you..."

"E? You're taking care of me naman."

"I was hired to take care of you, then I got you pregnant."

My eyes widened. "Jasper! Ano ba 'yan! You talk as if we weren't in a relationship when JJ was made!"

I was thankful that JJ's not with us. Hindi ko nga rin alam kung ano ang nakain ni Addie. She told us that she wanted to take JJ with her. I trusted her naman since I was sure that she wouldn't harm JJ. Okay lang din since I was gone all day yesterday with my cousins.

Jasper and I strolled around the mall. He couldn't decide on what he'd buy! Natatawa na ako sa kanya because he's really effing nervous! I mean, he used to be a soldier. He goes to war, for heaven's sake! Pero dito, kabadong-kabado siya? He's such a mystery.

We were walking when his phone rang.

"Answer it," I told him. For the past few days, he's skipping work. I kinda felt bad kasi syempre work is work... but he's adamant on spending time with JJ and me. Hindi ko nga alam kung ano ang naging usapan nila. All I knew was that his Mom's taking care of it. Iyong Dad kasi ni Jasper iyong sa military. Jasper promised to introduce us as soon as I introduce him to my family. Naninigurado talaga.

I took a few steps away from him habang may kasaup siya. It's still his privacy. Besides, I had my phone with me naman, so if I get too distracted while strolling around, he could call me.

I went to this boutique. I kinda had the urge to buy cute dresses for Addie! She dresses like a boy, seriously! The only instances where she'd look like a girl is kapag may formal occasion where our attendance are mandatory. Other than that, she looked like a lumberjack.

"My favorite playmate's back."

I felt my whole body freezing as I heard the familiar voice.

"Aren't you gonna say hi?"

My chest began to tighten as my mind started to go haywire. I kept on telling myself to run, but my feet betrayed me as they stayed on the ground, unable to move even an inch.