You're Grounded (short)

*Gender Reveal Party, Audrey's P.O.V*

Will and I are hosting a gender reveal party for this stress monster inside me. When the baby comes out, it's getting grounded.

It?

We actually don't know what the baby's gender is, so our reaction is gonna be real.

Someone knocked on the door and Will answered it. I look over and it was Taylor with big black balloons and blue and pink decorations.

"Oh lord.." I say.

"Good afternoon!" Taylor yells happily.

"Hello." I say.

"Okay, I have a big surprise."

"What?" Will asks.

"The baby's gender is.."

"Taylor!" Will and I interrupt him.

"I wasn't gonna tell you guys. I'm trolling you." Taylor says.

"That's what you said when you were gonna throw a surprise party for me in eighth grade!" I say.

"Well sorry."

"Anyways, I'm gonna go set up in the back yard."

"Okay." Will says getting the back door for him.

(...)

Everybody came. I love it. Will brought me in the house and talked to me.

"I didn't mean to get you pregnant."

"It's fine. Besides all of the pain and stuff. This is a big responsibility for us."

"It is, and I'm glad we have a chance." He says as I nod.

Everything just happened...so quick.

We go back outside and get ready to be surprised. We popped the balloon and blue confetti blew across the grass. Will and I hugged each other and everyone cheered.

(Months Later)

I started having pain with every contraction. I called for Will, and I put my hands over my stomach. He rushes up to my side.

"Yes honey?"

"I think he's coming."

"What? He isn't due for another month or two!"

"Take me to the hospital."

(A lot of cringy stuff later)

I still can't believe it, my newborn baby is in my arms. Will and I decided on a name, his name is Dakota Levi Patterson. Cute, right?

I was thinking his nicknames are gonna be Dax and/or Kody.

Anyways, we're settling in the hospital bed. I have to stay here for a few days until the baby is ready to go home.

"He's so cute and look at them cheeks!" I say as Will touches his cheeks softly.

"Wow, we just started a family so fast." Will says quietly.

"I know, life has been crazy for us."

"About two years ago we weren't even crazy in love yet." I say.

He kissed my forehead and I laid my head on his chest.

"I love you." I say quietly.

"I love you too."

We looked at the time and it was about four in the morning.

"Dakota, you're grounded." I say.

"Why is he grounded?" Will asks.

"Causing this pain a few hours ago."

"Oh." Will laughs.

I look at Dakota and he wakes up from a short nap. Wow, we have so much in common already.

His tiny fingers curl around Will's index finger. Dakota's legs stretch out and begin kicking.

He opens his brand new eyes and looks around. He didn't cry or show any emotion, just was confused at where he was at.