An Angel's Wish

"At the young age of four, I had a dream where an angel told me not everyone was born equal. And she was right, I was born with a disadvantage, one that meant I had no quirk. A quirk is the mutation of a person's genes at the age of four, which was determined by the combination of their genome. A person could wield fire, have pink skin and secrete acid, or become the strongest man on Earth. Luckily, I was born with a mutation, but it wasn't a quirk. It gave me a mental disorder that allowed me to memorize most of anything that I've ever seen, Savant Syndrome, which made me want to further my studies in the scientific field, until today. The most eventful day of my life. Though my story won't start there, the most memorable thing about my childhood, was the amount of shit I caused because of being quirkless."

I remember riding in the back seat of my father's car, with my green haired mother sitting next to him in the passenger seat. " Are you excited to see what your quirk is Izuku?" My mother asked turning around in her seat to see me, just bouncing in my booster seat."Yea! I wonder if I'd get your quirk, or daddy's!" My father chuckled as he kept his eyes on the road, "Maybe you'd even get a combination of both." He loved me and my mother, more than the world itself, and he always showed it by being the best father he could ever be. "That would be so cool!" Literal stars grew in my eyes as I thought about the concept of controlling fire with my mind. My mother lightly giggled, "Yeah it would." She turned her back towards the road, at that time in my life I couldn't tell if something was wrong with me. My parents always treated me better than any adults treated their actual children, which when I found out, I actually cried. "Sorry, I usually get sidetracked when telling stories," Izuku said to the audience.

"We had arrived at my pediatrician, who worked in a small office that was near the center of my prefecture, the Shizuoka Prefecture. I remember walking inside, I remember getting my blood taken by a nurse, and I remember sitting next to my mother and away from my father, hearing the words that shattered my dream of being a hero. I wanted to be just like my favorite, All Might, but I couldn't without a quirk, I'd never get anywhere in life without one. "I'm sorry Hisashi and Inko Midoriya, but I am afraid your son Izuku, doesn't have a quirk. His genes didn't shift around to accommodate either of your quirks, it seems as if he has the blood of a normal human." My father looked angry, "Hold on, Doc, you're telling me and my son, that he won't be getting a quirk? What kind of sick joke is that!?" I looked at his face, it slowly turned red, "You're going to deny my son of his dreams?" I saw his eyes tear up and his fist shook at his side, "Honey, it's okay, just calm down Hisa~" She held his hand, and looked him in the eyes sympathetically, "Like I said, he has no quirk, so you shouldn't dream to become a hero." He told me, my father growled at him, which sent a small shiver down my spine, it also worked on the doctor, since he quickly dropped the topic. "Y-You mean, I can't be a hero?" I asked everyone in the room, the doctor shook his head, while my parents just stared blankly at me, as if they were speechless. I would've cried, but my soulless husk of a human body, was completely devoid of any emotion as everything I remembered up to that point swam in my mind.

"I hardly remember being brought to the car by my father, he was angered for some reason. My mother tried to stop him from driving, but it didn't convince him...and so, we crashed. Causing my mother to d i e...everything after that was a blur, I was slipping in and out of consciousness as I was rushed to the hospital, I believe me and my mother were impaled by a metal pole thrown by a villain. One that hasn't been caught in my entire life. What I do remember from the ordeal, was waking up in a dark space. Space was split between light and dark, I was hard across the border when I saw a figure on both sides. One with white wings, and the other with black wings. My chest buzzed with pain as they spoke to me, the only thing I could make out was "see you later Izu-kun." And then I woke up in the hospital with doctors surrounding me, my father was in the back of the room just holding his head of hair in fright, probably because he thought he lost me.