CHAPTER THREE

I stretch, leaning back in the tub with a contented grin. I really can't imagine a better day off than this. I shouldn't even be taking a "day off" but Jimin had been so adamant that I needed one.

He'd threatened to tell Jin about my part in Jeonguk's latest prank, and if Jin were to find out...

I shudder. Nope. Whole lot of nope, right there.

"Knock, knock!" Jin sing songs suddenly, rapping his knuckle against the door lightly. "Lunch is ready!"

I jump, water sloshing around the edges of the tub as a result.

"Be right out!" I reply.

It takes me only seconds to get dried and dressed, fueled as I am with excitement. Jin's cooking is absolutely to die for, and today I'll actually get to eat it at the table, when it's fresh. Honestly, I'm already salivating. The second I'm fully dressed I barrel straight into the hallway, and someone's face. Literally.

"Careful!" Namjoon yells, wincing as he rubs his forehead. "You can't just go around headbutting people Avelyn!"

"Sorry Joonie!" I reply sincerely. "It won't happen again!"

"What's got you in such a rush anyway?" He asks. And after pushing the bridge of his glasses up with one finger, he continues, "You're not usually so hyperactive."

"Lunch is ready, " I reply excitedly. "And Jin has been in a great mood all day."

Namjoon immediately stands just a fraction taller, and his eyes widen in alarm.

"What are we still doing here?" He asks. "We better get in there before the others eat it all!"

And it's true.

Everyone in this house has bottomless pits for a stomach, myself included. Maybe it's because, in one way or another, all of us do some pretty physically exhausting thing or another for a living.

As I've mentioned before, nobody's really sure what Yoongi does, though his rent is always on time. Jin is a small time actor and Jimin, as I've mentioned before, owns and runs his own dance studio.

Jeonguk and Namjoon are both in college, although Joonie is a senior and works part time at the local noodle shop with Jeonguk, while the other is a freshman. Jeonguk is still growing too, and runs track for the university besides. You've never seen someone run until you've seen Jeonguk. I swear that boy is the wind itself, despite his bulky muscles. He is also incredibly agile.

By the time we arrive the food is sure to be gone.

Namjoon and I rush to the kitchen, each of us tripping over one another in hopes of beating the other to it. But, true to our prediction, there is no food to greet us upon arrival. Although, it's not for the reason I was afraid of.

Oh, this is worse.

Seated at the table is none other than Jung Hoseok, and Jimin chatters away with Jin in the kitchen nearby. Jin takes a moment, interrupting Jimin's excited speech in favor of rushing around the island in order to grab Namjoon and wrestle him away.

He drags Namjoon into the kitchen, where he and Jimin chatter away once more at a speed that I find difficult to follow. Poor Joonie's whining is drowned out as their volume increases, and I find myself echoing his sentiment.

"You're traitors all of you!" I yell at their snickering backs. "You know that right?"

From the kitchen Jin and the others emerge, each carrying a platter laden with something delicious or the other. I've never seen Jin go all out like this before, though I have heard of occasions from Namjoon who's known him the longest, and I gotta say...

Joonie just didn't do Jin justice.

I forget about pretty much everything else, melting in my seat and salivating like a starving beast. When Jimin sets down the last platter the trio excuses themselves, and each scurry away.

And then I remember why I was angry in the first place.

I rush to the door, eager to tell Jimin off. For once I'm even angry enough to be brave enough to give Jin a piece of my mind as well. It's all good and fine to be concerned about me, but my patience in regards to the persistence with which Jimin is harassing me about this has reached it's final limit.

But the door won't budge, and I curse as I realize just what it is they've accomplished here. I'm locked in. This entire thing was a trap and I fell for it, all Jin had to do was dangle food in front of my face and I'd easily forgotten all about how Namjoon broke the lock just last week. It hasn't been shut in days, not after we'd discovered that it was nearly impossible to open it again.

I growl, suddenly not quite in the mood to partake of the food made by the hands of that traitor, no matter how delicious it smells.

"What's so bad about having lunch with me anyways?" Hoseok asks suddenly, eyeing me with equal amounts curiosity and appraisal.

It's an odd look to be receiving when I'm so obviously dressed for comfort, I hadn't given any thought to entertaining anyone when I'd chosen to get straight into pajamas for the day. Honestly, I'm not even sure that a pair of sweats and my overly baggy t shirt really qualify as pajamas, but they are comfortable. I was misled into believing today was to be a day of relaxation on my part, but I should have known Jimin would try something like this.

He continues to watch me with fascination, and I simply look the other way. I don't know what it is about this guy, but he puts me on edge.

"Danger," that's what my brain is telling me.

His charcoal eyes have a way of seeming to look straight through me, and maybe that's what makes me so uneasy. Ultimately Jung Hoseok is a temptation, and one that I can ill afford to lose myself in.

"It isn't you that I have a problem with, " I say finally, glancing at the door menacingly.

"Oh..." I growl to myself. "Just wait until I get my hands on you Jimin!"