He's just a friend (Chapter 10)

~Patrick's POV~

I see Zach come towards is with red eyes. His fist are clenched and I just can't do this. I run off leaving Kaylee screaming my name. I looked back and saw a worried look on her face and see Zach come towards her with unclenched fists but his eyes still read.

"What do you think your during with that nerd?!" Zach yelled.

"We are working on a project together and do not yell at me." Kaylee said calmly.

How can she be so calm when Zach is yelling at her! I can just stand here and watch.

"Do not hang out with that nerd!" Zach said.

"I can do whatever I want! You are not the boss of me! If I want to hang out with Patrick and start our project, I can! You have no right to tell me what to do. I'm not your bitch!" Kaylee yelled.

"I never called you my bitch." Zach said. "Even though you are." I heard him whisper.

Kaylee didn't seem to hear it but I did.

"But your treating me like one! I'm not your dog that you can yell at and tell me what to do!" Kaylee said.

"I know baby. I know. I just don't want anyone to steal you away." He said giving her a hug.

What a douche.

"Babe, you have to promise me you won't get mad when I hang out with Patrick. We have to do a big project together." She said.

"I promise." He said. He turned to me and gave me a death glare mouthing "you are dead if you touch her"

That made my heart race and my breathing faster.

Zach let's go of Kaylee and Kaylee comes over with a smile on her face. I feel so bad.

"Tell her! Tell her Patrick! Don't be a wimp!" My brain yelled.

"No don't tell her! If you tell her, your dead!" My brain yelled again.

"PATRICK TELL HER!" My brain screamed!

"Kaylee I have to tell you something" I said quickly instantly regretting.

"What is it?" She said with a smile on her face.

If I tell her, that smile will go away.

"You know, I forgot." I chuckled nervously.

"That quickly?! You must have a lot on your mind." She chuckled back.

She wasn't wrong there.

We walk closer to her house. She starts skipping and singing. I chuckled at her.

"What?" She said smiling.

"You just skip and sing out of no where?!" I chuckled.

"Only when I'm close to my house."

"Why is that?"

"Because there's kick ass food there!" She said chuckling.

"Well I will be the judge of that." I said.

~Kaylee's POV~

As we start getting closer to my house, I start to wonder what Patrick had to tell me. I'll ask him if he remembers when we are inside. I start to wonder what Zach whispered after he said "I never called you my bitch". I really wondered if he changed.

As we walk into my house, I see Patrick's eyes go big.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I just never seen a house this big." He said.

We walk into the kitchen and grab some snacks and a few drinks and head upstairs into my room.

After a few hours of hard work and a lot of breaks we got some of the project done.

"Patrick." I said.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember what you wanted to tell me?" I asked

I can see him wondering if he should tell me or not.

"Yes. I do."

"What is it?"

He frowns.

"Remember when Zach pushed me into the locker and whispered something in my ear?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well he said, she's mine for now, not for long though. Don't tell her your or getting beat." He frowned.

"W-what?" I said shocked.

"And when he said, I never called you my bitch, he whispered, even though you are." He frowned.

Tears starting forming up into my eyes. Patrick came over to me on the floor and hugged me.

"T-thank you Patrick f-for telling me." I said between cries.

"I didn't want to see you get hurt by that jerk. I rather tell you know than to you know then." He said softly.

My cries stopped. His voice is so gentle and kind.

"I guess I'll go." He said getting up.

"No no. It's okay if you stay." I said.

"Please stay." I whispered.

He came over and hugged me.

"I'll stay."

After a few hours of talking, making my parents and Patrick's mom agreeing to let him stay the night, and getting Patrick's clothes, we finally go to bed.

I get a text message from Faith right before I fall asleep.

"I need to tell you. It's very important. I'll tell you in person." The text read.

What can possibly be so important that she needs to tell me in person?!

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. <3)