Chapter Six: Team Bonding

"Damn it," Caitlyn cursed reaching for something to clean up the coffee that she had knocked over, she had been checking over the files that she had been asked to sort out about their last case.

Things had been going well in the past couple of weeks and Caitlyn found herself relieved that she had settled so quickly into her new life; she missed things about New York but she was dealing with it.

Wiping off her desk, Caitlyn dumped the wet tissue into the bin next to her desk and moved to check that nothing important had been damaged.

The last thing that she wanted was to have to tell anyone that their reports had been damaged because she had knocked over some coffee; she was certain that their new case was keeping them busy enough.

"You good?" Jay asked moving passed her desk on the way to the break room, he had seen her little accident and he could see that none of the paperwork had been damaged.

Caitlyn nodded her head and flashed him a smile, she was still surprised how welcoming some of them had been considering she was just a civilian aid brought in to help them.

"Yes thanks... I guess I'll have to make a coffee run soon," Caitlyn replied knowing how terrible the stuff was in the break room; she was sure that no one in the office knew how to make a good cup of coffee.

Jay laughed at that and nodded his head, he stuffed his hands into his pockets and moved closer to her desk; he had noticed that she tended to keep out of the way when they were working.

"So... you and Alvin?" Jay asked wanting to know the story there, everyone was curious and had their own theories about how Alvin knew Caitlyn and was helping her out.

The theories ranged from her being a CI in some sort of trouble to her being his secret love child that had shown up on his doorstep; no one was quite sure what to make of her.

"He's my Godfather... I've just moved here and he helped me find a job," Caitlyn explained not wanting to go into any further detail, she didn't wish to share why she had left New York like she had.

It wasn't something that she felt like she could just share with anyone especially co-workers when she did her best to stay out of their way; she didn't want to disturb them when they were doing something important.

Jay raised an eyebrow at that, he truly didn't know who would choose Alvin to be their child's godparent; he just didn't seem like the type to get that close to anyone.

From what he knew about Alvin, the man lived in his garage for whatever reason and always seemed to smell like he'd been rolling around in the trash.

"We're all heading to Molly's later, you could join us," Jay suggested, knowing that it would be nice for them all to get to know one another considering the long hours that they worked together.

It would be nice to see Caitlyn outside of the office and he was sure she'd feel more comfortable speaking to them at work if she did so outside of it.

Caitlyn looked at him surprised, she hadn't been expecting to be invited anywhere since she wasn't really part of the team; she had noticed that there was a sort of divided.

She had noticed that Sheldon Jin was mostly ignored or talked down to whenever he dealt with any of the detectives and she'd heard him mumbling to himself annoyed often enough with how he was treated.

"I think I might," Caitlyn agreed knowing that she didn't really do much but work and stay at her apartment. It would be good to get out of her comfort zone and she didn't see what harm it could do to go out with her co-workers.