Chapter Nineteen: The Truth Comes Out

Wincing as she tugged on the zip-ties that held her against the pillar that she was attached to; her eyes peering around the grubby cellar where she had woken up, her tongue felt thick in her mouth from the chloroform that Ted had used on her. 

There was no sign of the man that had abducted her, he hadn't been seen since she had woken up in this place; there was little inside and the light bulb didn't give off much light. 

The walls had stains on them and the entire place made Caitlyn's skin crawl; her face held dry tears that she couldn't wipe away. 

Her mind drifted back to the sight of Jay on the floor, she couldn't shake the thought from her mind no matter how hard she tried; she wanted nothing more than to wake up from this nightmare. 

The door to the cellar opened and Caitlyn shrank back at the sight of Ted, he was carrying a woman over his shoulder as he entered; a look that Caitlyn couldn't quite determine on his face. 

Dumping the unconscious woman on the floor, Caitlyn's stared in horror realising just who Ted had just brought in to join her in this hellish place. 

"Mum?" Caitlyn whispered staring at the crumpled form of her mother that Ted had dropped to the floor; the woman didn't move from where she was dropped as Ted collected what he needed from his work bench. 

He made his way over to Laura and grabbed onto her, he ignored Caitlyn yelling at him to let her mother go; soon she would understand why he had done all of this. 

Tying Laura up to the post across the room from Caitlyn, Ted didn't speak his eyes staring down at the woman that had taken everything from him; if it weren't for her then they could have been happy. 

Turning his back on Laura for a moment, he grabbed a bucket filled with water and dumped it on her; she gasped flying awake, her eyes filled with fear as she looked up at him in terror.

"Why are you doing this to us?" Caitlyn demanded wanting answers, she didn't know what they could have done to deserve this; Jay hadn't deserved to die like he had, trying to keep her safe from a man that she thought she could trust. 

Laura's head snapped around to stare at her daughter, her bruised face contorting in horror at the sight of Caitlyn; this was the last thing that she had wanted to ever happen. 

Ted paused to look at Caitlyn, a frown on his face at her words and he shook his head in disgust; he glanced down at Laura knowing that she deserved what was coming. 

After everything he had done for her, all Laura had ever done was stab him in the back and deny him what was rightfully his. 

"You never told her," Ted whispered staring at Caitlyn, he had pictured this moment in his head so clearly and while this wasn't the picture-perfect moment that he had dreamed of for twenty-five years it would have to do. 

If he wanted this to work then he had to act quickly, Alvin and Hank would be on his heels especially after he had shot that cop that had been trying to warn Caitlyn. 

It was a shame that he had to die but it was for the greater good, he would finally have the life that he had dreamed of while he was trapped in that prison cell. 

"How could I? You're a monster," Laura spat gazing up at Ted wondering how it had all come to this; he should have rotted in prison for the rest of his life. 

Caitlyn deserved better and the truth would ruin her, there was no way that this could end well for either of them; Ted was a genius and a crazy one at that. 

Whatever he had planned for her and Caitlyn, it would not end well for them and it was likely that they would never be found.

"I'm the monster. What about you? You stole my child from me, let another man raise her as his own," Ted raged grabbing onto Laura's face, he crouched down to her level and stared her in the eye. 

There was once upon a time that he would have done anything for her, he'd had it all planned out and she'd had to ruin by turning to his dear older brother. 

It had all spiralled from there, he had been locked away all this time until he escaped and he wasn't going to let his second chance slip through his fingers; he was going to have the life that he had been denied. 

"You're the reason that Richard had to die," Ted taunted staring into Laura's dark eyes, they had been his favourite feature at one point but now they held nothing but betrayal for him. 

But he'd gotten his revenge and it hadn't been quick, he could still remember how Richard had pleaded for his life as he slowly let him die. 

"You murdered my father," Caitlyn whispered, her mind unable to keep up with what had been said; her stomach twisted with the implications and she could feel a headache coming on. 

They'd never been able to find out what had happened to Richard, there had been no evidence and the fact that Ted had been able to get close to her and befriend her in such away after what he had done made her sick. 

Jumping to his feet, Ted rushed to her side and reached for her face; it hurt him to see her so sad and he'd never wanted to see that look on her face and directed at him no less. 

"No sweetie never... I am your father," Ted told her with a smile, he couldn't believe how perfect that she had turned out and she was so much like him. 

He cursed the years that had been stolen from him, he'd had it all planned out when Laura had told him that she thought that she might be pregnant. 

Made him such sweet promises that she would leave her husband and be with him, they'd have raised their daughter together; they'd have had the picket-fence life.

"No! It can't be true," Caitlyn denied shaking her head, she didn't want to believe that the man before her that she knew had killed three people; Richard, Allison and Jay, there lives had been ended by this man. 

Panic filled her and she felt tears burn her eyes, they'd all died because of her; their blood was on her hands because he'd wanted to get to her and they'd been in the way. 

"Baby look at me... you knew the moment that we met that we had a connection," Ted pleaded smiling at her, he wiped away the tears that fell knowing that she would understand. 

There was so much that her mother hadn't told her about and he was going to make sure that there was no more secrets between them; then they could live their lives. 

"I'm going to tell you the truth. No more lies, no more secrets," Ted said searching Caitlyn's face, it was going to be okay and she would see that; he might never have gotten to teach her to ride a bike but there would be other moments that he got. 

He stood back up and turned away from Caitlyn, his mind drifting back to the day that his entire life went to hell; the day when Laura should have had his back and she betrayed him instead. 

"Please no... please," Laura cried wanting him to stop, she didn't understand why he just couldn't let it go; what they had was over and she didn't want him, not after what he had done. 

Ted stared down at her in disgust, he had already made up his mind that if she didn't do as he wanted then he would be rid of her and dump her somewhere. 

Instead he focused on Caitlyn, he stared down at the daughter that he had always imagined; she would be so happy to have her real father in her life and he would treat her right. 

"My real name is Edward Ian Olinsky," Ted began ruefully, he leant back against his work desk and wondered just how his dear brother was going to deal with the truth coming out.