Chapter Twenty-Three: The Final Solution

Marking off another day that she had been trapped in this hellhole, Caitlyn wondered if she'd ever get out of this room; her prison since they had arrived at the deserted house in the middle of nowhere. 

There was nothing for miles around them except the woods that she could see from her window, not that she could get very close to it since she was chained to the far wall by her leg; it had been attached as soon as they arrived. 

The room was virtually empty and the old faded blue wallpaper that had started to peel away from the wall in places; the walls were no better and it was clear the place had been abandoned for a long time. 

Staring at the marks on the wall that she had been making, Caitlyn's stomach turned at how long she'd been trapped by the mad man; a part of her fearing that she might die here. 

There was no doubt in her mind that Alvin hadn't given up on her, he was her uncle and had known her since she was a child; he would want to find her more than anyone and she prayed that he would find her soon. 

Leaning her head back against the wall, Caitlyn slowly opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling wondering what would become of her if no one ever discovered where Edward was holding her. 

Everything that she had ever known, her father, her mother, Jay, they were gone now and it was all because of her; she was the reason that they had met their ends. 

Her father had died at Edward's hands trapped in a basement before being dumped by the side of the road, Jay had been shot at close range by Edward and she could not imagine how he had died while her mother had met her end before her in the same basement that her father had died. 

The sound of the door opening made her eyes snap open and she turned her attention to the man that was the cause of all her problems; she glared at him wishing that it was him that was dead. 

"I brought you some dinner," Edward announced with a smile, completely ignoring the look that Caitlyn offered him and moving to set the tray of food before it. 

There wasn't much on the tray and he had included a bottle of water for her, he would need to go shopping soon since the limited supplies that he had brought with them were starting to run low.

Struggling against the chains that held her, Caitlyn knew what she'd do if she could get her hands free; she had to get out of here, she didn't intend to die in this hellhole with this lunatic, who thought they could play happy families. 

Caitlyn had even heard his mumblings of abducting another woman and forcing her to be his wife; he would give Caitlyn a new mother and sibling was what he said. 

"If only you'd behave then I wouldn't have to keep you tied up like this," Edward tutted shaking his head, the chains had left her wrists raw from all her tugging on them and he frowned at the marks not wanting her to hurt herself. 

In the time that they had been here, Caitlyn had resisted him at every turn and fought with him when he was just trying to give her the life that should have been hers to begin with. 

Caitlyn pulled her arms away from him as he reached for them, she didn't want him touching her and she glared with all her might; she felt more like an angry kitten than anything else. 

Nothing she did seemed to make him realise that whatever little fantasy that he had in his head about them being a happy family wasn't going to happen. 

The damage had been done and she would never forgive him for what he had done, Caitlyn didn't know how he could expect her to forget what he had done; there were people dead and he had been the one to take their lives.