Is This The Real Life?

John's P.O.V
I sunk down onto the cold floor, my knees brought up to my chest, tears rolling down my pale cheeks.

The bathroom door was locked, I was sat in the left corner of mine and Veronicas regal bathroom, I had watched him deteriorate and wither away.

I felt helpless, there was nothing that could have been done to help him, I wished I could have gone back in time to steer him down the right path, to save him.

I curled up into a small ball, rocking myself gently back and forth, whispering to myself softly, trying to make myself think he was still breathing and alive.

Everything faded to black, I woke up, screaming, my face clammy and cold, I was dripping with sweat. The door swung open and in came a man with black shoulder length hair.

"John my dear!" The man said, I rubbed my eyes and looked at him more clearly. "F-Freddie?" I gasped looking up at him, shocked.

"Yes that's right darling" Freddie soothed wrapping his arms around me and rocking me back and forth gently "I'm here now"

I nestled into his neck, breathing in his scent, he pulled away and put a soft hand on my forehead "Are you alright Deaky?" He asked, giving me a concerned look.

"Y-you died t-though" I stammered, Freddie looked at me like I was insane "John honey" he chuckled "I'm here, I'm sitting right infront of you" he hugged me again and I coughed violently.

"Oh dear" Freddie cooed "Are you sick Deaky?" I felt an intense wave of nausea roll over me, I quickly put a hand over my mouth, I scrambled out of bed and into the bathroom, throwing up into the sink.

I felt a gentle hand on my back, Freddie was shushing me softly as I continued throwing up, "It's alright Darling" he soothed "Get it all out" I coughed weakly.

"I'll be back in just a second" Freddie said handing me a wet washcloth and making his way out of the bathroom, I stumbled back into my room, I rolled back into my bed.

Freddie came back in a few minutes later, carrying a hot cup of tea in one hand and a hot water bottle in another, he tucked me in bed and placed the hot water bottle on my head.

He put a thermometer in my mouth before taking it out and checking the temperature, "Yep" he said putting it down on the dresser "You have a temperature my dear" he shook his head and handed me the cup of tea.

"Alright I'll help you out" he propped me up on my pillows and helped me drink the tea, I took a long sip, the warm tea soothed my sore throat.

"Better?" He asked, I nodded weakly, Freddie cooed and hugged me again "Aw you poor thing, I'll tell the boys you can't play today, I'll get Paul to look after you" I frowned at his last sentence and the mention of the snake Paul.

"No please" I whimpered, I grabbed his sleeve and tugged him back "Please don't leave me with him" Freddie turned back to me and gave me a smile.

"Oh alright then" he grinned at me, eyes closed and his teeth showing "I'll take the day off too" he slinked out of the door, waving me on his way out.

Freddie came back in a few minutes later, carrying a bucket and other cup of hot tea, he placed the bucket down next to my bed and the cup on the dresser.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sweetly, placing his hand on my face and feeling it, "Fine" I mumbled, pulling the covers up to my chin and snuggling back down into the bed.

"Horrible thing Flu is" Freddie was fluffing up my pillow, he gently laid my head down and handed me the tea "Actually my dear would you like some water?" I nodded gently and Freddie stood up quickly.