We Loved Once And True

Roger's P.O.V
I had been trying to make John's life a bit easier since he became pregnant with Anastasia. I had a few things that popped up from my past were bothering me.

A girl, her name was Blaire. She was a newspaper writer, I had slept with her back in 74 and we dated a for a few months. I left her because she wrote columns on our life as a couple, she dove into my personal things, confidential things.

She was a news reporter now, doing a story on what goes on behind the scenes whilst we're recording. We hadn't told poor John yet, I knew he wouldn't want anyone sniffing around when he was due in a week.

Blaire and her camera crew arrived a few weeks before John was due. When John spotted the crew coming outside he had a full on panic attack.

"Why the fuck is there a camera crew outside?" John asked, standing in the kitchen doorway in his dressing gown. I looked nervously over at Freddie who appeared to be just as anxious as I was.

"They're only here to shoot a documentary" Freddie tried, his voice wobbling from the obvious rampage that John was about to go on. John furrowed his brows and shot us a dirty glare.

"How am I supposed to cover up this?" He growled, pointing to his stomach. I shrugged and turned my chair around.

"I don't know...Maybe a really thick coat?" I suggested "It's getting cold out now and the heating is broken" I sipped my tea and I felt John throw his arms around me, he kissed my cheek.

"Roger you are a fucking genius!" He squeaked, I looked over at him, I raised my eyebrows at him and tapped my fingers against the table. I awaited the sarcasm.

"Really?" I asked, preparing myself for the word beating I was about to receive from little quiet John. His brows furrowed and his expression changed.

"No you fucking twat!" He growled "Why are we doing a documentary?!" He turned towards Freddie and snarled angrily before storming out the room to bedroom.

"Deal with him Freddie please? I'll deal with the news crew" I got up and walked downstairs as Freddie sprinted to his room to do whatever he needed to.

Blaire opened the door and smiled weakly at me, I could see the lust in her eyes. I depised Blaire but I had to act like we had never met before.

They were recording for twelve hours a day, 8am to 8pm so everyone in Britain got a good inside scoop on our lives.

"Hello Mr. Taylor" she said with a hint of anger in her sickly sweet voice. I smiled weakly at her and shook her hand, trying to not have an outburst.

"Ma'am" I said, I held open the door so she could come in along with her camera crew.

Blaire made her way straight towards the kitchen with her four other workers. I awkwardly followed them up to the kitchen as I could hear John throwing things upstairs.

"What was that?" Blaire asked, her camera crew turning the cameras round to look at me. I played it cool and I just casually said.

"Brian's fixing a door, best we don't disturb him" They bought the bullshit.

"Where's the other members?" Blaire asked, pouring herself a cup of orange juice even though I didn't say she could. There was nothing wrong with having a drink, it was just rude not to ask.

"John is getting changed and Freddie is having a proper grooming session" I said with a smug smirk, Blaire nodded and sipped her orange juice.

Brian came downstairs, his hair damp and messy. Lucky that Freddie and John had stopped banging now, he held his hand out and shook Blaire's hand.

"Mr May" Blaire said, her eyes still fixated on me. Freddie and John came downstairs, John was wearing a really thick coat and sweater. To the average person it looked like John had gained a little bit of weight.

"Mr Deacon, Mr Mercury" She said, I smiled weakly and we led her and her camera crew to our recording room for our usual twelve hours of recording.

We had been recording all day, Blaire was resting for the night and I was chatting to one of her cameramen, Zack.

"So" Zack asked, swishing his beer around inside of the bottle "Did you date Blaire?" I almost spat out my beer and we both laughed.

"Yeah, do you like her?"

"No, she's a complete and utter bitch" Zack said with a grin, he was a really nice guy. He was a family man who had to leave his family for a bit to come and do Blaire's bidding. The poor guy had twins on the way with his wife Jade, Lorie and Arthur.

"I know what you mean" I said with a chuckle "She wanted sex, sex, sex it wouldn't stop" I looked over at him for a moment.

"Not that I minded back when I was single and straight" I realised my mistake as soon as the words rolled off my tongue, the cameras weren't in the room.

"What?" Zack asked, his eyebrows raised. I began to have a mini panic attack, did he have some kind of secret recording device that recorded audio.

What if my parents heard? What if our manager heard? What if the fucking snake heard?!

"Oh uh nothing" Zack nodded, unconvinced.

"It's okay if you want to share secrets with me, I'm not recording you all the time" I looked at him and he had proof "I think it's really disgusting when people shove a camera in celebrities faces and make a documentary on them" I looked at him in disbelief as he sat back down.

"John is pregnant, Brian is uncomfortable as fuck whenever we're around him, you aren't working as well as usual and Freddie is..."

"Freddie is angry cause he doesn't want anyone sniffing around our personal business" I said looking over at Zack.

"It's like people expect you to be superhumans or immortal" Zack whispered "Flawless" I nodded and took another sip from my beer.

"I want her to fuck off, John's due any time now" I growled, looking over at the house where Blaire was sleeping.

"As soon as she heard you were here she jumped at the chance" I snapped around to look at Zack.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah, she was looking for anyway to get around you" He looked up at the clock on the wall and cursed under his breath silently.

"Shit I-I gotta go" he put his beer down on the floor and pulled his coat over his arm. I waved him goodbye as he scurried out the door.

Blaire still loved me, but I didn't want her. She was vindictive and she just wanted me for the sex and the dirty little secrets.

This is why I love Brian, he loves me for who I am, not just for my cock. He adores me and I adore him.

That's the way it's gonna stay.