Dead

Dead

            I stand by the far wall in the cafeteria, watching all of the students buy their lunches, walk to tables where their friends greeted them with smiles, and eat while they mingled. Some kids bought their lunch and just stood right before the tables, looking for friends or someone to sit with. A few other kids just went straight to the other side and sat down separately, placing their heads down on the tables.

            I saw a girl in black sitting at the very last table in the back all by herself. She picked at the piece of pizza on her tray. She pulled her black hoodie over her head and pulled a black book from her backpack. She pushed the tray aside and replaced the space with her book and began reading.

            The students hurried by me, trying to sit down and consume their lunch before the bell rang. Some looked at peace with their friends while others looked bothered and upset at someone or something. And some just had blank expressions on their faces, mainly the ones in the back.

            You may be asking why I’m not buying lunch, sitting down, and eating like the rest. Well, because I’m dead.

~

Author's Note: This was sort of inspired by the book Forget Me Not by Carolee Dean. If you're into dark stuff, I suggest it. I will be updating Raising Hell in a couple of days.