1 : Your Atmosphere Buddy~

• Italy •

****

They were insulting him again.

America did the usual thing he'd do. Smile and shrug it off. But it was getting hard lately.

It wasn't just the insults. It was the looks. The whispers. They all judged him silently behind their eyes, sneers on their faces. That was a fact America knew all too well. But why? Why him? What had he done?

He just wanted to be hero...

But why was he the victim instead?

Why did the world hate him?

Why...?

America was so tired of it all. He just wanted to sleep and never wake up. The world hated him anyways. What was even the point of him existing? All these thoughts ran inside the young American as he sat in his chair, the meeting going around him in a blur.

Their voices were muffled by the echoes of their comments ringing in Alfred's head. The never ending taunts haunted him. A small sob built in his throat but he held it down and decided to bury his face in his arms, trying to ignore them.

Sitting across the American, Italy worried about his best friend. Alfred was getting more and more quiet lately. He barely even smiled. Italy had long susupected that the male was depressed but Feliciano couldn't help Alfred if the blonde would refuse to talk to him.

Germany noticed that America had fallen asleep and got a little pissed. "America! Wake jour sleepy ass up!" He yelled, slamming the table in agitation. In response, America had jolted up, falling off his chair from the suprise.

Laughter echoed in the room.

Alfred groaned slightly, having fallen on his butt. Their mocking laughter soon reached his ears and he felt his heart sink lower. He quickly wiped his eyes and set back his chair, trying to smile as he sat down.

"Pfft, what a dumbass." He heard someone snort, possibly Romano. "Yeah, he can't even sit down on his chair right!" Spain chimed as the rest guffawed out loud again.

Alfred kept his smile on his face and weakly laughed along, but deep inside, it really hurt. "Haha! You got the hero alright!" He laughed forcedly. "Hero? As if a fatass like you could ever be one." England huffed, a small smirk on his face.

"All you do is stuff your face with burgers and you call yourself a 'hero'?" France joined in, chortling. "You've probably gained a few hundred pounds this week alone! As if you weren't fat enough!"

"He's also probably lost a million brain cells trying to figure out what a diet means!" China mocked. Again, more laughter. Even Germany was joining in, thinking it was hilarious.

The insult had slapped Alfred right across the face. He had barely eaten anything the past few days to the point he was starving himself. The blonde shrank more into his seat, his eyes lowered and his hair falling in front of his face, preventing anyone from seeing the gathering tears as he wiped them away.

Italy felt anger swell up in his chest. Though he just wanted to help his friend get out of here, Germany would probably scold him and get him in trouble. So he used another option.

"Shut up."

The laughter abruptly stopped as the harsh command left Italy's mouth. The others gawked at the male's clear anger. They weren't used to Feliciano to be so...agitated.

"Can we just please continue the meeting, Germany?" Italy said, a soft fire of fury behind his closed eyelids. The German blinked back his shock. "Uh, ja..."

As Germany resumed the meeting, Alfred had looked up in suprise. Whatever reason Feliciano had been angry about, Alfred was sure it involved him. He turned towards  Italy, who gave him a warm tender smile. A smile that made the blonde remember he still had a friend who cared about him. America felt himself smile softly too. Maybe the world didn't really hate him after all.

•••

"Americaa~!"

Alfred turned towards the direction of the voice to see Italy running towards him with a wide grin. "There you are~! I thought you already left~!" The Italian said when he had reached the American's side.

Alfred chuckled, scratching his neck lightly, looking away. "I was about to...heh." he then gave Feliciano a curious look. "Also, what do you need? Nobody usually talks to me this often."

Italy heard a small wince behind America's voice. He understood the meaning behind it and it made the Italian sad that he wasn't there for Alfred more often. Feliciano faked a smile. "Well, I actually wanted to ask if I could stay at your house, ve~!"

Alfred tilted his head, a little curious why someone would suddenly ask to go to his house. But the blonde didn't mind though. At least hw wouldn't be alone tonight.

Alfred gave the male a small smile. "Yeah, sure you can! You're my atmosphere buddy after all!" He said in genuine happiness.

A large smile was on Feli's face. It had been a long time since he'd heard happiness in America's voice! It made the bubbly Italian feel accomplished. "Ve~! Then let's go~!" He giggled, grabbing Alfred's arm.

The American smiled a little wider, the troubles falling out of his mind once. He also had a wide smile as he exited the building with Italy, unaware of the two pairs of eyes that watched him leave.

"Tch, we missed him...maybe tommorow, ja?"

(A/n: sup yo! Thanks for reading my first story here on Wattpad! I'll be updating on weekends so yeah! See ya in the second chappie, my lovelies~! ♡)