Chapter 6: Memo

•England•

****

It was a very nice summer day outside. The breeze was cool and the sunshine was warm. The flowers were in full bloom all around and the grass was green with life.

Small giggles could be heard as two figures walked among the flowers of the field. England had taken young America out for a walk, seeing as the young colony seemed to be missing the outside world.

"Wow, Iggy! Look at all the flowers! They're so pretty!" America exclaimed as he pointed at a cluster of daisies, his blue eyes shining in interest. England chuckled softly. "Yes, indeed they are." The empire replied as he settled down to sit on the soft blades of grass.

A small contented sigh left his lips. This was really a pleasant day. The past months were tedious with work and war. England had wanted a break for a while but it seemed that he didn't have time for such nonchalance.

The Brit felt something being put on his head. He looked up to see America's bright blue eyes and wide smile, a flower crown grasped in his hands.

"Oh?" England hummed, making his smaller brother giggle. "I made crowns for us both! Is it okay, Iggy?" The young colony asked as he sat himself in front of his elder, a smaller crown placed on his own blond hair, his eyes shining excitedly.

Emgland smiled, feeling his heart swell up at the sheer adorableness that America had. "Yes, it's wonderful! You did a great job!" He praised gently ruffling America's hair, causing the boy to giggle. "Iggy! The flower crown!" He laughed, petals falling down to the ground as the two continued to play under the sun's rays.

Those memories floated in England's head like ghosts, happy laughter calling out to him like better memories of good days. When had time flew so fast?

It seemed that in just a blink of an eye, America had turned from being a colony under an empire's rule to a nation whose power was unmatched.

It seemed so long ago that the broken and hunched figure across him was once his dear brother.

...

Before he knew it, Arthur was outside the meeting room, small sobs escaping his lips as the full realization of what he had been doing struck him.

"Oh god. How could I forget?"

"...I'm his brother too."

(A/n: guys im really sorry if this chapter sucked. Its just that stuff is happening right now and it's bringing my hopes and inpspirations down. But dont worry, the next update will come soon. Hopefully with better content than this shitty chapter.

See you in the next chapter and thanks for reading. )