Chapter 10: Fireplace ( Part 1 )

• Nordics •

••••

Even as he was tucked in the safety of the  warm house, Finland could not help but feel worry bubble up inside him as he kept glancing over to the clock by the kitchen wall, it's hands showing that it was past one.

The nation had been restless all day. Tino wandered the house, cleaning here and there. Sometimes, he even ended up cleaning the same spot again and again as he stared into nothing.

The other Nordics were also as distracted as he. Norway seemed to have a very hard time sitting still to read his book, and would ever so often mumble about a certain Dane's stupidity and blunderness.

Sweden was quiter than usual, and kept himself busy in his room. Whatever he was doing, Finland was sure it was to prepare for their visitor. And Iceland- he seemed less bothered by the energy, and kept frowning at his family.

"What's got you in a rush?" Iceland asked Norway, who was glaring at his book. The Norwegian looked to him. "We're preparing for a visitor." He said blandly before going back to his paperback.

Iceland huffed, feeling a little agitated that they wouldn't tell. What was so special about this visitor anyway?

He spotted Peter in the corner of his eye, seeing the small micronation put something in a gift box, muttering to himself. Iceland strutted over and poked Sealand in the neck, causing the nation to yelp in suprise, strartling the Finn and the Norwegian in the next room.

"I-Isa!" Peter squeaked, hiding the box behind his back. Iceland raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, staring down at the small boy. "What do you got there?"

"I-uhm..." Sealand looked a little embarrassed. "Err...It's for the visitor." He answered, fidgeting around nervously. There it was again.

"Who even is this visitor?" Iceland snapped in agitation. Peter's eyes widened and the boy gulped. "I-I don't know either...But Ber and Tino said he was really important so I thought of making a gift for him..."

Iceland felt his anger melt away. Ah, geez. He couldn't be mad at his family member. Especially his little brother.

"Sorry for snapping at you." Iceland murmured. Peter gave a small giggle and smile, softly hugging the taller boy. "It's okay, Isa! But for now, I gotta finish wrapping this up! See ya!"

Before Iceland could reply, Peter dashed off.

He sighed and shook his head. Wow, he was feeling tired than usual. The nation had only decided to go upstairs when the doorbell ringed loudly, immediately catching everyone's ears in the house.

Sweden thundered down the stairs, his eyes wide. "Is he here?" he asked in his usual low. quiet voice, but Iceland could hear traces of nervousness.

"He's here!" Peter cried out, rushing towards the door. Finland and Norway followed, as if they were about to be visited by the King. Sweden dragged the confused Iceland with him.

"Ber, who really is-"

The door swung open to reveal the two happy grinning faces of Prussia and Denmark, who both looked utterly pleased with themselves, their eyes sparkling happily.

"Look who we brought along!" they said in unison and stepped to the side.

Iceland gaped at the male.

"America?"

( a/n: i might have to put this story on hold soon or smth. I really am tired and my brain isn't feeling up to be a writer, hhhh-)