Chapter 4: Unexpected Comfort

•Russia•

******

Nothing was spoken much the next morning except for a comfortable silence that fell on the two nations.

America had deeply appreciated Italy's companionship. It made the blonde feel a more important, seeing as how even just one nation--and Italy of all of them--, came to comfort him. It was just really unexpected.

"Alfred-a, you wouldn't mind-a if I visited again, would-a you?" Feliciano asked as both of them walked down the halls towards the Meeting Room. America looked at Italy, a small smile on his face. "Of course I wouldn't mind. You're welcome anytime!" He responded, lightly ruffling the Italian's brunette hair, who giggled in response.

Then out of nowhere, Alfred felt someone push him back harshly, making him fall down. His glasses had slipped off, making everything a little blurry, but there was no mistaking those furious brown eyes and the twitching curl.

"Stay away from my brother, you disguting pig!" Romano yelled as he steered Italy away, whose eyes were widened. The bubbly Italian was strangely quiet and made no effort to get away from his brother's grip to help the American, which pleased the Southern.

But then when they reached the Meeting Room's doors, Italy's eyelids snapped open, revealing furious honey brown eyes. "How dare you treat him like that! He didn't do anything wrong!"

Lovino was stunned. He could literally feel the anger in his brother's voice. "He was trying to brainwash you--"

Feliciano gave a harsh glare that abruptly stopped his brother's words. "He's not brainwashing me. You are the one who is brainwashing him. You turned a loving and happy hero into a solemn and heartbroken man who thinks the world hates him. Instead of calling him those horrid nicknames you tell him, why dont you go and look at yourself in the mirror and ask what the hell he has done horrible to you that you'd treat him terribly without giving him a chance."

The words echoed in the already crowded yet silent room. Romano was beyond shocked. The Italian tried his best to let all the words sink in. Italy was right. America hadn't done anything wrong. He could literally see the guilty look on other's faces.

Italy said nothing more and took his seat.

Alfred had found himself crying inside an empty broom closet. He didn't know how long he was stuck there. Nobody would care nor notice anyway. Alfred knew he was just a worthless piece of trash to them anyways.

He cried so much that to the point his nose was stuffy and his eyes turned red. The blonde was too busy wallowing in self pity and hatred that he didn't notice the door open softly and the person that called out his name.

"Amerika?"

The said nation looked up, fat tears rolling down his face and a small hint of suprise in his sad blue eyes. Russia was standing there, his eyebrows creased and his eyes filled with sad curiousity at the crying mess that America had become.

"Oh. It's you." Alfred murmured hastily wiping his tears and nose with his sleeve, though it didn't help with the fact that Russia saw him crying. The blonde looked at the larger man, his eyes filled with tired pain. "What do you want?"

There was a minute of silence before Russia went inside the closet and sat beside Alfred. Luckily, it was quite spacious. America turned to the Slav, a little suprised. "What--"

"I'm sorry."

Those words stunned Alfred silent. Ivan wasn't directly looking at him, his purple gaze rather directed at own gloved hands.

"I'm sorry for not having realized that we have hurt you, Alfredka. I'm sorry for being such a bad man. I never thought that even my slight teasing was enough to make you feel like we all hated you."

Russia finally looked at the nation who sat beside him, America's shoulders shaking as his baby blue eyes teared up all over again. Ivan softly patted America's crown of golden hair. "But we don't really hate you, Alfredka. We really don't. We just let our stress and self-loathing out to a great nation like you who didn't deserve such treatment." Ivan hummed softly as he drew Alfred to his arms like a loving parent.

"You have done so many great things that we have all failed to notice and acknowledge. I don't really comfort people, Alfredka. But I will promise you that from now on, I will make you feel loved. Even when you feel like you're not."

The larger nation felt Alfred tremble violently in his arms and his coat get wet from the tears the broken one shed.

For the first time in may years, Ivan felt his own tears slip down his cheeks.

(A/N: Wow! Thanks so much for liking this story guys! I never really expected this work to be that good! Your comments really make my day! I love you guys so much!
Till the next update, my dear readers! )