Chapter 9: Maybe

AHNJI's POV

It was already sunday and it has been days since Chanyeol and I haven't talked.

I got up my bed and went downstairs as my mom was calling me for breakfast.

"Woah?! What happened to you?" I heard a familiar voice and looked to see Yura my childhood bestfriend sitting at our dinning table eating breakfast. I gave her a hush signal because my mom is not aware of what happened.

"Ahnji come down here and eat breakfast ! Yura came just a minute ago and I told her that you were about to get up already." My mom said as she was still busy cooking.

I walked to the dining table and started eating breakfast even if I don't have the appetite for it.

Yura and I were exchanging signals her eyes telling me "you better tell me all about it"

After breakfast we head upstairs towards my room.

"So what happened? Why are your eyes swollen? You obviously look like trash. Oh and you stink. Ugh." She said covering her nose.

My eyes started swelling up again and told her everything about the incident and that Chanyeol and I haven't been in contact since.

"Maybe you should've letted him explain." She said in a serious tone.

"I know but .. When I think about how well of a perfect match they are.. and the whole scenario just.. I don't know. I just feel so sad. " I said giving a huge sigh.

Yura is well aware of everything that has been happening to me also the facts about wolves.

"Maybe he has been deeply hurt from what you said." She said.

I felt bad from what she said and wasn't able to respond.

"I hope you guys could fix it. But hey Ahnji I need to get going I just dropped by to say hi, I've got some errands to do. Get up girl. Take a bath ! You still need to look pretty ! Be prettier than that Hyerin girl ! As if she's pretty tho, I know you're prettier haha ! Bye !" She said as she was heading for the door.

I waved goodbye as well and slumped myself at the bed.

I took a bath and dressed up. I need some fresh are and think about things.

I decided to take a walk at Hangang park. Now I feel bad for thinking this way about what I saw and for telling those hurtful words to Chanyeol where in fact all he did was to love and protect me.

It's just that when I saw both of them and that girl almost kissing his neck. I felt so devastated more so for the fact that she is also a wolf.

I haven't been into any accidents lately. Maybe they stopped trying to kill me now that Chanyeol and I haven't been contact with each other as well.

Is it better this way?

I crossed my arms as the cold breeze of wind passed by.

I looked to the people sitting by the grass area of the park. Some having a picnic, couples having a date and Chanyeol sitting alone.

Wait. Chanyeol?

I stopped on my tracks and focused on the guy sitting alone. It was Chanyeol looking serious as he was watching the Han river in a daze.

The wind was beautifully brushing through his hair.

I smiled to myself.

But then ..

"Oppa !" Said a girl walking from behind him holding two cups of coffee.

It was Hyerin.

She quickly sat and leaned on Chanyeol's shoulder before he could even react.

I quickly turned my back at them.

"Why do I have to see this." I uttered and quickly walked back.

"Ahnji !!!!" I heard Chanyeol's voice from behind but that didn't stop me from walking my phase quickly accelerating until I was running.

My eyes were filled with tears.

Why can't things be okay.

Why do I need to be hurt this way.

Please make this stop.

"Huh?" I said as someone pulled my arm and hugged me from behind.

"Let me explain please !" I heard his voice.

I quickly escaped from his hold and faced him my eyes filled tears and full of anger.

"What? That you can't contact me for days because you were busy with your girl?" I said.

"No. Listen to me !" He said trying to hold my hand but I quickly avoided it.

"Listen to what? I know it Chanyeol. I know that you can sense me the moment I took a step at Hangang park. You purposely did this and didn't even prevent that girl for me too see you both together ! I was ready to have a talk with you by feeling bad for what I said, but I guess it's true. Everything is true ! " I said my voice breaking.

I was looking at him intently while my eyes were filled with tears.

He was silent.

I was waiting for a response but none.

Where is his explanation?

Is this it?

Maybe I'm right.

Maybe it's true all along.

~END OF CHAPTER~