3

It was morning time and Ophelia was walking through the Quarter when she saw a boy that looked to be only a couple years younger than her walking through. He picked up an apple and began to walk away without paying for it. The man in charge of the fruit stand was about to stop him, but was stopped when the boy used his magic cause all of the apples to fall.

As he went to take a bite of the apple, Ophelia used her magic to cause it to be thrown in her direction. She quickly caught it and the boy immediately turned his head to look at her with wide eyes. She smiled at him, taking a bit out of the apple as she walked over to where he stood, the boy still looking shocked. It seemed as though he wasn't just shocked at what she had done, but she didn't want to mention it just yet.

"You know," Ophelia spoke up, sighing out as she took yet another bite of the apple, "It's not nice to steal. That man worked hard to be able to afford that fruit stand."

"You're the one who's eating the apple that hasn't been paid for," The boy commented and Ophelia noticed that he had a British accent as he spoke to her.

"Touche," Ophelia replied, chuckling softly, "Now tell me, what might be the name of the thief standing before me?"

"Kaleb Westphall," He introduced Ophelia confidently, "And what might the name of the beautiful witch standing before me before me be?"

"Who said I was a witch?" Ophelia questioned the boy playfully, taking a bite of the apple before holding her hand out for Kaleb to shake, "The name's Ophelia Rose."

"Ah," Kaleb replied, shaking Ophelia's hand, "I should've known. You're the queen of New Orleans, every supernatural creature knows that."

Ophelia pulled her hand away from Kaleb, avoiding eye contact with him as she shook her head, "I'm not much of a queen anymore," She admitted quietly. She sighed, turning her head to look at Kaleb once more, "I have to go, Kaleb. But maybe we'll be able to finish this conversation another time."

Before Kaleb could even suggest that she give him her number, Ophelia had rushed off without saying another word to him.

The female tribrid arrived at the compound to hear the bath running in one of the first floor's bathrooms. She walked through the courtyard, looking down to see bloody pawprints of a wolf. She turned her head as her eyes scanned where the prints lead to, only to see the dead body of a woman covered in blood as it laid on the floor. She walked closer to the body to see the bloody paw prints continued on. She sighed, shaking her head when she saw the prints soon lead into the footprints of a human.

Ophelia stepped over the dead body and walked into the bathroom to find Hayley laying in the bath. A dead body of yet another witch leaned against the doorway Ophelia was standing in.

"What, come to check up me?" Hayley questioned her friend, not even bothering to turn to her, "I guess it's already noon then. That's the usual time you check up on me every day."

"You've had an eventful night, I see," Ophelia commented, gesturing down to the dead body at her feet.

"Well, I was having a crappy day..." Hayley began to explain to her, "So Klaus took me the Cauldron," She paused, turning to face Ophelia with a smile on her face, "What do you know, we ran into some witches."

"So do you want me to want me to remove your..." Ophelia trailed off, a disgusted look on her face as she used the boot she wearing to lightly kick the dead body of the witch before she looked back over at Hayley, "Leftovers?"

Ophelia sighed, stepping over the dead body to enter the bathroom, one that used to be hers when she shared a room with Marcel in the past. It pained her a bit to see the furniture and the bath inside stained with blood.