28

At the Mikaelson Compound, Rebekah was pacing around the upper hallways of the compound while she talked on the phone with Ophelia, who was standing in the woods of the bayou trying to stay in the spot that seemed to get the most service, "What the hell do you mean, he's gone?" Ophelia asked Rebekah in disbelief.

"Exactly that. The coffin's empty, and he is nowhere to be found. If I had to guess, I'd say he's planning a long list of cruel and unusual punishments for his treacherous siblings," She explained to Ophelia before sighing dramatically, "Given that we have an ancient witch to kill, I was hoping you might try and reason with him. Ideally, before he goes ballistic."

"Ah, I see," Ophelia sarcastically replied, "but what exactly am I supposed to say to him?"

"Look, anything is better than nothing, as long as it comes from you," Rebekah told her, causing Ophelia to frown in confusion, "You're the only person he'll listen to."

"As you said, Rebekah, he's gone ballistic. And to top it all off, he's furious because the people he loves most literally stabbed him in the heart. That is his worst fear come true. What makes you think he'll listen to anyone, least of all me?" Ophelia explained to Rebekah, who became even more desperate for Ophelia's help.

"Please, Ophelia, isn't it clear by now?" Rebekah asked Ophelia, who had no idea what she was talking about, "He's utterly in love with you. He never stopped." She paused, causing Ophelia to sigh, "Will you help us, or not?"

Ophelia took a deep breath, balling her hand tightly into a fist, "Fine. I'll be there soon," She told Rebekah hesitantly before hanging up.

________

After coming to the decision that she needed to leave to help stop Klaus, Ophelia ended up telling Hayley and Jackson, who were hesitant to let her go. While Hayley went to help pack Hope up, Ophelia was left alone with Jackson. She instructed him to leave with Hayley and Hope and that she would catch up to them, soon thereafter.

"Ophelia--" Jackson began to argue with Ophelia, who quickly cut him off.

"Jack, I have to," Ophelia argued back, letting out a large sigh, "I promise you that I'll be back, alright? But I need to help stop Klaus before he gets here and kills you and the rest of the pack," She paused, taking a step toward Jackson as she cupped his face with her hands, "Listen to me, Jack. I love you. And I'm doing this to protect you and the pack, not because I choose the Mikaelson. As I said before, I choose you and the pack, not them."

"I love you, too," Jackson responded, leaning forward to kiss Ophelia.

Ophelia kissed Jackson for a brief moment before pulling away, sending him a small smile, "Be careful," Jackson warned Ophelia, who nodded her head in agreement.

"Always am," She replied, giving him a quick kiss on the quick before stepping back. Within seconds, she had sped away, off to the compound to help stop Klaus, who was on the run and hellbent on getting revenge.

___

That afternoon, after making their plan,  Ophelia and Rebekah held hands as they the illusion spell while Freya, the Hope decoy, and Dahlia were still talking downstairs in the courtyard, "Sineste exa vana vintante com. Sineste exa vana vintante com." The duo chanted together, "Sineste exa vana vintante com. Sineste exa vana.--"

Suddenly, a dark figure swooped across the doorway, but because Rebekah and Ophelia's eyes were closed, they didn't notice it, "Sineste exa--"

Ophelia stopped chanting, sensing someone else in the room with her and Rebekah. Rebekah soon stopped chanting but before either of them could react further, they spotted a panting and exhausted-looking Marcel, who was holding two pairs of cursed shackles. As she looked at him, it was clear to Ophelia that he was compelled by Klaus, though he tried his best to resist, "Marcel?" Rebekah called out in concern.