12

After everyone agreed with Rebekah's sacrifice, Ophelia headed back to New Orleans with Rebekah and Klaus.

Klaus and Ophelia entered the compound to overhear Kol trying to convince Marcel to hand over the white oak stake so that his mother would believe his attentions were pure and that he wasn't on the opposing side, "Kol!" Klaus called out, causing the group to turn to him, "Whatever grudges you hold against me, we're doing this for the good of our family. Do I have your word that, for once, you will honor that?"

"You have my word, Nik," Kol promised him, "Swear on the face of us all."

Klaus smiled weakly as he shared a glance with Ophelia, "I'll get the stake," He replied, "Ophelia, love, why don't you get the paragon diamond? After all, you're the one who's had it all along."

Kol's eyes widened in shock, clearly feeling dumb for agreeing to help Klaus when he could have just asked Ophelia for the diamond in the first place.

Ophelia smiled slightly, just before leaving to get the diamond from its hiding spot.

Meanwhile later, in the courtyard of the compound, Ophelia was spreading salt, sand, and herbs around an hourglass on the table in the courtyard to prepare for the spell she and Davina were about to perform. She and Marcel explained their plan to Cami as Davina turned the hourglass, "Kol will link this hourglass to Esther's. Ours will mirror hers," Ophelia began to explain to Cami.

"When the last sand falls, Esther will try to jump her into you," Marcel continued on.

"That's when Ophelia and I will redirect the spell from you to Esther. It's meant to jam the signal just long enough to keep that kind of magic from working against anyone," Davina added in and Ophelia nodded her head in confirmation.

"If it works," Cami replied, looking anxious.

"It'll work!" Marcel argued, "When Rebekah attacks, Esther won't be able to jump her into you, or herself anywhere else."

"And we're sure Kaleb is on board?" Cami questioned concerned and Ophelia couldn't help but be annoyed by her calling the boy by the wrong name while Marcel and Davina nodded their heads in confirmation.

"He's on board," Marcel assured her, "He's a thief and a liar, but, like Elijah, he doesn't give his word lightly."

Cami continued to look anxious as the hourglass on the table in the courtyard started to pour after Kol cast his spell on Esther's own hourglass in the Lycee. Davina, Marcel, and Cami were all watching it intently, "It's working." Davina argued the group as Cami nervously stood to her feet to pace around the room.

Moments later, Davina, Marcel, and Cami were still anxiously watching the sand run out of their own hourglass, "Now." Marcel insisted.

"Not yet," Ophelia argued sternly, waiting patiently as she shook her head.

Just then, the whole hourglass emptied, meaning it was time, "Now!" Marcel exclaimed.

Ophelia and Davina linked hands and closed their eyes, beginning to chant, "Scen ta lum ves victas per vatis imparret. Scen ta lum ves victas per vatis imparret."

Suddenly, Cami started to seize, and Marcel rushed over to her to catch her before she fell, "Cami?"

Suddenly, the hourglass exploded, causing them to dive out of the way to avoid the shards of glass. Marcel quickly checked on Cami before looking over at Davina and Ophelia, who looked nervously, "Did it work?" He asked them concerned.

"I have no clue," Ophelia confessed.

Meanwhile later, Cami had been laid in an armchair in the courtyard, where Davina was sitting at her side, gently brushing her hair off her face. Klaus soon returned to the compound a moment later, carrying Rebekah's body, which he laid on the couch.