6

It was nighttime and Ophelia was on the otherside of the river, hanging with Marcel, Josh, and their newly turned nest of vampires.

Ophelia had her back facing one of the vampires. Her eyes were closed as he threw a dart at her, she used her vampire speed to turn to face him and catch the dart before it could her. She smiled, opening her eyes as the vampires all clapped for her.

"I believe you owe me a Benjamin," Ophelia told him and the man chuckled, holding out a one hundred dollar bill between two of his fingers.

She took the bill, placing it in the back pocket of her jeans before walking over to where Josh sat alone.

"Any luck?" She asked the male vampire, taking a seat in front of him as she handed him a glass of bourbon. She knew all about Josh signing up for a dating website and she was all for it, even though he was a vampire using a dating website for humans.

"Well, Ophelia, since you asked," Josh began to tell her as Marcel walked over to sit with them, "Yeah, there's this one guy. I mean, we've only been messaging so far, but I think I like him. Like, really like him."

"Does he live around here?" Ophelia asked him and Josh nodded his head in confirmation.

"So what the hell's the problem?" Marcel questioned Josh confused.

"Oh, I don't know," Josh replied sarcastically, "Might have left a few things out of the old profile. For example, what's got two thumbs and drinks blood to survive?" He paused, lifting up his two thumbs as he smiled, "Oh, right. This guy."

Ophelia and Marcel chuckled, both of them finding what Josh said funny, "Well, I say you go for it," She encouraged him and before Josh could respond, one of the vampires were thrown through the loft's window, causing the group of three to quickly stand up.

Suddenly, a group of werewolves entered, all of them growling lowly at the vampires, including Ophelia. Ophelia frowned, spotting Oliver in the group. She gave him a questioning look, but Oliver shrugged, clearly having no say in the matter of being there.

The number of wolves became even larger as some jumped down from the roof and some came through the broken window.

Ophelia was about to step forward, but Marcel grabbed her by the arm, pulling her back next to Josh before he himself stepped forward.

"What the hell is wrong with you people?" Gia complained, "We didn't do anything."

"This is nothing your kind hasn't done to us," Aiden, one of the werewolves, spoke up as he walked through the crowd to stand in front of Marcel. He glanced at Ophelia before looking away, clearly trying to hide the fact that he was shocked that she was there. In fact, all of the werewolves were, "Learn your history. I bet Ophelia could teach you a thing or two. Seeing as she fought on both sides in the past three hundred years."

"I don't know who you are, but we had a deal," Marcel told Aiden confidently, showing no fear toward him, "Vampires stay out of the Quarter, everybody's cool."

"It's not good enough anymore," Aiden replied and both Josh and Ophelia shared a worried look with each other.

"Oh, yeah?" Ophelia scoffed loudly, "Says who, huh? You? Or maybe it's that witch bitch you all answer to now? Lenore, was it? Or was her name Esther? Huh. Honestly, who knows anymore. But I do know one thing. I never thought I'd see the day when proud werewolves find themselves on a witch's leash. We're better than that. I hope those rings you're wearing are worth it, Aiden."

Aiden scoffed, "Oh, I'll show you," He told her before turning his head, giving some of the wolves the okay to attack.

"No!" Ophelia shouted, about to step forward to help the vampire.