20

It was afternoon time and Hayley and Ophelia walked out onto the porch of their old shack in the Bayou. Hayley held a cup of coffee in hand, she and Ophelia watching as the werewolves practice sparring in the nearby clearing.

Jackson was fighting against Aiden, both of whom were learning to fight with their new abilities. Jackson managed to block Aiden before he elbowed him in the face, causing him to proudly, "Oh-ho-ho, you're getting faster!" Jackson complimented his friend.

"Maybe you're just getting slower, huh?"  Aiden retorted, punching Jackson in the face, but Jackson quickly kneed him in the stomach.

In retaliation, Aiden elbowed him in the side, causing Jackson to groan. Before Aiden could punch him in the face again, Jackson grabbed him by the arm and threw him onto the ground into a nearby puddle.

When Aiden stood back on his feet, his clothes and hands were all covered in mud, "Keep your head up!" Jackson reminded Aiden, "Low center, guard your face."

  Aiden angrily lunged for Jackson and roughly shoved him backwards, starting to punch him in the face. To protect himself, Jackson grabbed him in a headlock, but when Aiden couldn't immediately get out of it, his eyes started to glow gold as his fangs come out and he bit Jackson in the arm.

Jackson let go and yelped in pain. Ophelia and Hayley turned to each other, both of them concerned as they watched the scene unfold from the porch.

"Ah! What the hell?" Jackson yelled out in pain, clearly taken aback from Aiden's actions.

"You left yourself wide open!" Aiden told him, sounding frustrated.

"It was your idea to come out here and spar. I'm doing this for you." Jackson reminded Aiden, angered.

Aiden rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Oh, for me?" He questioned Jackson, laughing humourlessly, "You're the one leading a pack of super-wolves. How long before they decide they don't want to take orders for you anymore? Huh?"

Aiden walked over to Jackson and got in his face, "Because the only way you can stay Alpha is by always being the strongest."

Aiden angrily shoved his way past Jackson, clearly unhappy by this conversation. From the porch, Hayley seemed confused and uncomfortable, "You guys done?" She shouted at the duo, "This macho-stuff is cute and all, but don't make Ophelia and I come out there and kick both your asses!"

Hayley walked back into the shack and Ophelia sent Jackson a small smile, which he returned before she back to the shack. While Hayley was doing her own thing, Ophelia stood at th window listening into Jackson and Aiden's conversation.

Jackson's face became serious as he turned back to Aiden, "Look, if you got a problem with the way I lead, now's the time to speak up." He told his friend in a stern tone.

"Klaus is acting like we're on his leash. You think the guys don't see that? Things are changing, Jackson! "Our people aren't cursed anymore! We're strong," Aiden explained to Jackson with an attitude and the male alpha began to walk away, only to turn to Aiden once more as he continued on, "If any of them see you as vulnerable, they're going to challenge you for Alpha, because that is what wolves do."

"Are you putting yourself in that category?" Jackson asked Aiden, both of them face to face.

"I'm looking out for you. That's all." Aiden replied before he pushed past Jackson and left.

Once he was gone, Jackson looked as though he was worried about the pack's future, causing Ophelia to sigh in defeat before she turned to Hayley, "Something's wrong," She told Hayley, who gave her a knowing look.