9

After heading back to the compound, the first thing Ophelia wanted to do was find Klaus. She arrived at his room, only to open the door to find Klaus standing over Elijah's unconscious body, one hand on his elder brother's forehead and the other on his chest. Klaus started to groan in pain and breathe heavily, causing Ophelia to become a bit worried.

"What the hell are you doing, Klaus?" Ophelia asked him concerned as she walked toward him.

Klaus jumped in fright, clearly startled as he turned to face her, still panting for breath. Ophelia frowned, noticing the blood dripping from his nose, "Are you okay?"

"Perfect fine," Klaus assured Ophelia, still panting, "I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him," He informed her as he gestured to Elijah's body, "Esther's locked me out."

Just then, Hayley entered the room, walking past the two and closer to Elijah without a single word said to them. "Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid-trip he's on?" She asked Klaus as she looked down at the rash on Elijah's neck after pulling down the collar of his shirt to get a better look at it.

Klaus frowned slightly, clearly not noticing the rash before Hayley said something. Hayley backed away from Elijah, standing beside Ophelia as Klaus examined the inflamed skin, "I haven't seen this since I was a child," He informed the two girls, "Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare Merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his men with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant," He paused, turning his head to look at Ophelia and Hayley, "If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou."

"It does," Ophelia informed Klaus, causing him to give her a questioning look. He was clearly confused as to how she knew that, "I've used it before myself. It was about fifty years ago, but I used it on one of the vampires Marcel turned when I sent him to the garden. It's a long story, but I do know it has to still grow somewhere in the bayou. I just don't know where."

Klaus nodded his head in understanding, "You two stay with the wolves and mind the fort." He instructed.

As Klaus walked past the two hybrid females to leave, Hayley rolled her eyes in annoyance, "I'd rather rip your mother's head off." She commented, causing Ophelia to smile.

"I second that," Ophelia spoke up, agreeing with her friend.

Klaus didn't find amusement in what they had said and gave them both serious looks, "Stay clear of her. Both of you. I mean it," He warned them, "She already got to the two of you once. What would happen if Elijah were to wake and find you a victim of her madness, Hayley?"

Hayley hesitantly nodded her head, "I won't go after her," She assured him, "I promise."

Klaus was silent for a moment before averting his gaze over to Ophelia, who frowned, "What?" She asked him, acting as if she didn't know that he was waiting for her to agree. She sighed when Klaus' face became even more serious looking, "Fine, fine. I promise I won't go anywhere near you psychotic mother."

"Good," Klaus replied, staring at Ophelia for a moment longer before he left the room.

Ophelia watched him leave and once he was out of sight, she turned to face Hayley, who was looking down at Elijah's body, "So what's the plan?" Hayley asked Ophelia, finally turning her head to look at her.

"I may hate Esther, but in the little time that I've known her, I have learned a few things from her," Ophelia informed her before pausing and Hayley impatiently waited for her to continue, "I promised Klaus I wouldn't go after her and I always keep my word. Instead, I'll go after everything that she loves, which includes..." She trailed off, waiting for Hayley to finish for her.