~4~

Bills P.O.V.

The next day

It broke my heart seeing Henry hit Y/n. How could he do this to her? What an asshole.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I made myself some breakfast. The living room was silent except for the TV. It's been a year and a half since Georgie's death. My parents never fully recovered. We barely talk to each other. I've accepted it. But it still hurts. I ate my toast. At that moment, the phone rang. I answered it.

On the phone

Richie: What's up, bitch

Bill: W-what do y-ou want?

Richie: Stan, Eddie and I are going to the barrens to build a dam. You want to tag along?

Bill: S-sure

Richie: meet us in 10 mins.

Off the phone

I hung up the phone. I went up to my room and packed my bag. A notepad, a pen, some cash and a cereal bar. I ran downstairs and slipped my shoes on.

Mom: Where you going, baby?

Bill: To the arcade with Eddie

Mom: Be careful. And be home by curfew.

I ran out the door. My parents had become extremely overprotective. That's why I lied about where I was going. My parents didn't like Richie neither. I hopped on Silver and rode to Richie's house.

Stan and Eddie were waiting outside. Richie rushed out and hopped on his bike. The four of us rode towards the forest. We parked our bikes near an oak tree. Eddie took a Huff from his inhaler.

Richie ruffled Eddie's neat hair and chuckled.

Richie: You look particularly cute today, Ed's.

A small blush crept to Eddie's cheeks.

Eddie: Don't call me that. I hate it

Richie: Come on, you love it Eddie Spa...

Stan: Can you guys shut up!?

We made our way through the forest. Stan was talking to Eddie about something to do with his bar mitzvah.

Suddenly, Richie pointed at something more accurately, someone.

Richie: Isn't that your girlfriend, Billy?

I looked. Y/n was a few meters away from us. On the edge of the cliff. She was in her black bikini, bathing in the warm July sun. She couldn't hear us due to the music. Beside her towel was a boom box blasting music.

Bill: Sh- she's n-not my g-gir-girlfriend.

Richie: Whatever. Go say hi.

He pushed me and the trio ran in the opposite direction. Y/n must've heard me because she turned around. At first she had a fearful look in her eye. Then it became a joyful gleam. She slipped her shirt on and turned the music down.

Y/n: You scared me. I thought you were... Nevermind.

Bill: I-I'm sorry. I j-just saw you and th-thought I'd say h-hi.

Y/n: I was just about to go to the store to get some groceries. You wanna come?

Bill: Sure

She put some denim shorts on and shoved her towel in her backpack. We walked to where we had parked our bikes. To my surprise, Eddie's, Stan's and Richie's bikes were gone. They must've left. She put her boom box in the basket and we rode to the store. She got some canned soup, bread and milk.

I accompanied her to her house. On the way there, we talked.

Y/n: Bill?

Bill: Yeah?

Y/n: I-I've made a decision. I'm gonna break up with Henry.

I stared at her as my eyes widened.

Y/n: I just can't keep doing this

Bill: J-just promise me that i-if he hurts y-you, you'll t-te-tell the cops

She nodded and smiled at me.
We, unfortunately, arrived at her house. She parked her bike and hopped off.

Y/n: Thanks for helping me home, Bill.

Bill: Y-you're welcome

She shut her door as I rode away.