~28~

We all had ice cream together and played at the arcade for awhile before we headed home. It was only 4pm but more than half of us had stuff to do so we all went our separate ways.

I hopped off my bike with the biggest grin on my face. Everything felt right. I was surrounded by great friends, a great boyfriend and...well that was it. But it was still amazing. I hadn't felt this happy since before dad.

I parked my bike in it's usual spot. Much to my surprise, Belch's was there too.

I snuck into my room and closed the door. All I wanted to do was call Bill but he was busy helping his dad fix something. I considered calling Beverly but she was visiting her aunt.

I got some paper and a few pens from my drawer and started doodling. About half an hour had passed when I heard a loud bang followed by a groan.

I tiptoed to Belch's room and knocked.

"What!", He growled from inside.

I peeked into the room and gasped when I saw the hole in the wall. From the way my brother was holding his fist, I assumed he had caused it.

"What's wrong?", I asked in genuine concern. Even though I didn't get along with him I did still love him. He was great before dad left. He had been everything I hoped for in a brother. I remember the days he used to take me on bike rides. Then one thing led to another and he met Henry and then all hell broke loose.

"Nothing"

"Belch", I sighed.

He turned to face me and that's when I saw the bruise along his pudgy cheek. It went from his ear to his jaw.

"Mom?", I asked.

He groaned and nodded. Tears stung his eyes.

"Victor and Henry don't even give a crap", he said as if it was worst than the fact that our mother had punched him.

"I'm sorry", I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

He groaned again.

"Do you want me to leave?"

Another groan.

I pursed my lips and closed the door.