reason six: good with people

Jisoo could not remember a time when she had been more sexually frustrated.

The rest of the weekend had passed without Jisoo able to concentrate on anything, textbooks remained unread, essays remained unfinished.

The only thing that didn't suffer was her gym workouts, these went harder and longer as she tried not to think about Lisa's body pressed up against her, hips moving sensually against her own, the words whispered in her ear conjuring up all kinds of tantalising situations.

It wasn't the most effective strategy.

She still hadn't forgiven Seulgi for interrupting them, and to her credit her best friend had been more apologetic than Jisoo could remember her ever being.

"I said I was sorry!" Seulgi pouted during their gym session on the Sunday afternoon, lower lip jutting outwards in a way that Jisoo found it very difficult not to grin at. "But you can't be too mad at me."

"And why is that?" Jisoo grunted as she completed her set of sit ups, abdominals aching in the transition to an elbow plank.

"Because I'm the reason she was there in the first place. If it wasn't for me there wouldn't have been a moment for me to ruin." Seulgi looked very proud of her point even as Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Do you even hear yourself sometimes?"

"I tend to tune myself out quite a bit." Seulgi admitted with her usual infuriating smirk.

"You are impossible."

"Have you spoken to her about last night?" Seulgi asked as she joined Jisoo in the plank position, eyes meeting Jisoo's in the mirror.

"We've spoken." Jisoo replied cryptically.

Lisa had texted to make sure that Jisoo had gotten Seulgi back home alright, and from there the two had exchanged several messages.

The almost kiss was never explicitly mentioned, but Lisa had made her fair share of innuendos that had had Jisoo blushing profusely at her phone.

Not that she was going to tell Seulgi that.

"What have you spoken about?" Seulgi pressed. "I need details!"

"Why are you so pushy?!" Jisoo complained as Seulgi nudged her with her elbow, quite an impressive feat considering she was still in the elbow plank position.

"Because I need the inside track for my betting ring. Got to stay ahead of the game."

"I'm glad that my romantic prospects are proving so lucrative for you." Jisoo deadpanned, her arms shaking slightly at the effort of keeping her body upright.

"This is why you're one of my best friends." Seulgi replied. "You're supportive of all my endeavours."

Jisoo had to decide between finishing her plank or ruining Seulgi's.

The yelp her friend gave as she crashed face first into the mat was worth ending her own early.

•••

Lisa had not expected her fifth reason to have quite the reaction it did. It had been one of the ideas that she had been most nervous about, because the line between cocky flirting that people were comfortable and harassment was a thin one. And the last thing Lisa wanted to do was ever have Jisoo think that she was interested solely in getting her into bed, or that Lisa would put any kind of pressure on her about it.

The night in the bar had only reinforced Lisa's resolve, which had taken an understandable knock in the early stages of the bet, (almost broken noses and dog bites were not the most encouraging of starts) but seeing the way Jisoo had reacted to her, the easy rhythm between playful flirting and blistering heat that the two of them seemed to create when together had her back on track.