the confession: until you

Hearing Seulgi verbalize her own brain's thoughts spurred Jisoo's legs into action. Wading out of the surf, she started sprinting after Lisa.

"Lisa!" she called out, not caring that she was drawing stares of people around her as she pushed through the crowd, desperate to keep Lisa's retreating figure in her sights. "Lisa, please wait!"

For a moment it looked like Lisa either hadn't heard her, or was choosing to ignore her, her pace didn't slow, and Jisoo was afraid she was going to lose her in all the people. Ignoring the burning in her calves that came from struggling through the sand she put on another surge of speed, sidestepping round a group of girls who shot her a glare as she flicked sand onto their towels.

"Yah, Lalisa! Please!" Jisoo could hear the desperation that tinged her own voice, and she didn't know if it was this that caused Lisa to slow down, or if the other woman had just decided to stop fighting it, but eventually Lisa slowed enough to allow Jisoo to catch up with her.

Right in the middle of the crowd.

It was all of Jisoo's nightmares about this situation come true.

Lisa's face when she turned was hard, unreadable, her eyes guarded.

There was a crowd of people watching, waiting, whispering.

She could feel the panic rising in her throat as all the words she had spent hours running through in her mind deserted her.

Jisoo felt her feet stilling, bringing her to a stop less than a few feet from Lisa. She wanted to go closer but the look in Lisa's eyes and her own cowardice stopped her.

"Hey," she almost winced at how lame the single word sounded out of her mouth. The quirk of Lisa's eyebrow showed that she was thinking a similar thing.

"Hi." The response was clipped, measured.

Jisoo took a deep, shuddering breath, the techniques she used to help centre herself before a soccer game coming into force now as she willed herself to calm down, to channel the courage she knew was inside her.

"I know you're mad at me." Lisa gave the smallest of scoffs and even though she knew she deserved it Jisoo couldn't help but flinch slightly at the sound. "And I wanted to say first that I am sorry, the way I acted in the bar the other night was way out of line, and I get it if you don't ever want to speak to me again," Jisoo searched any sign of confirmation that this was true on Lisa's face, but the other woman wasn't let anything through her guarded expression, "but I have some things I would like to say if you'd let me."

Lisa bit her lip, a trait that Jisoo had not seen much on her in the time they had known each other, but one that she knew to mean that Lisa was feeling unsure. She waited, hoping that she hadn't lost her chance to explain, hadn't lost her chance to at least try and set this right.

The crowd looked from one woman to the other, nobody quite sure how this was going to play out.

A small nod from Lisa.

Jisoo took a moment to compose herself, to try and find the right words that wouldn't make Lisa hate her more than she already did.

"I know I haven't made the last two weeks easy on you, hell I don't think I've made the last two years easy on you." she commended herself internally on how strong her voice was sounding, although she wasn't sure how long that would last. Lisa's eyebrow quirked slightly, and Jisoo could tell that she was fighting the urge to scoff again. "I'm not the easiest person to get on with I know that, but somehow you never seemed to care about that. No matter how grumpy I was, you always had a smile for me, and some wildly inappropriate or downright filthy comment."